Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday at the Metropolitan Museum of Art

 Please meet the Kidrobot Dunny Collection at the Metropolitan Museum Gift Shop

We spent a serious day of museum going yesterday and today we'll start with  Pink Saturday fun at the gift shop. I had the gift shop to all to myself and discovered the Kidrobot Dunny collection created for the 150th Anniversary of the museum. The collection includes figures with Mondrian designs and Van Gogh's Irises.

On a more practical note, these sweatshirts would make a 
nice souvenir or gift from New York City. 

I never grow tired of Renoir's Two Young Girls at the Piano and was happy to see this beautiful painting again.

Another favorite is  Louis Comfort Tiffany's stained glass window, Autumn Landscape. I'm attaching a link to information and a short audio done by the curator of American Decorative Arts discussing Tiffany's work in glass that I found especially interesting. 

I had, what I am confident, was my last 70th birthday celebration for  2020 today and enjoyed a wonderful day north of New York City. Beautiful restaurant, great company and gorgeous weather. I took a lot of pictures and will be sharing them tomorrow for my last August post. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and wishes for a happy and healthy week.  

12 comments

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I assume the museum was not very crowded. How nice that must have been. Yesterday was the best day (weather wise) of summer here in the tri state area andI am glad you got out to enjoy it all.

Chatty Crone said...

Thank you for the photos - beautiful - I love the painting of the girls playing the piano!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Happy Birthday, I didn't realize you were celebrating. What a fantastic way to do it. That first picture was a little unexpected, but then there are all kinds of art. Loved seeing the pictures and glad you had such a beautiful day. The weather is eaxptremely pleasant here for the last day of August.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

That is extremely pleasant ....sorry for the typos.

Edna B said...

What a lovely day for you. I love that painting of the girls at the piano. What will you plan for 71 that will top this celebration? You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Marcia said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today. Reading yours I discovered we share a birth year. I'll be 70 in December.

I've bookmarked your blog and plan to return often.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a wonderful way to celebrate a special birthday. I love seeing your photos and wish I was there with you. Enjoy your day!

Nellie said...

I like the pink hoodie sweatshirt! Continued birthday wishes to you! Love that painting!

Louca por porcelana said...

Awesome post!Happy Birthday!

DeniseinVA said...

A happy belated 70th birthday. I had mine in July :) What a great place to celebrate and I enjoyed your photos very much. Looking forward to the others.

Jeanie said...

I always love visits to art museums and this one was a treat! Happy Belated Birthday!

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

What a nice way to have celebrated your special day, BC, with a friend, lunch out and touring one of your favorite places. Belated birthday wishes for as great a year as possible, all things considered.