Powered by Blogger.

Saturday in the Park With Jane and Howie

Pretty in Pink for Pink Saturday

I took the pictures for this post during a beautiful walk in Riverside Park yesterday afternoon with my dear friends, Jane and Howie. We ate lunch out at a local (uncrowded) restaurant and then enjoyed a perfect spring afternoon in the park in our neighborhood. Riverside Park is on the Hudson River and in the distance you can see the George Washington Bridge. 

But that seems a lifetime ago. Since yesterday afternoon it seems the entire world of New York City has turned upside down. Schools are now closed until April 20 and as of this evening all restaurants are closed, except for delivery and takeout. I started to write this post at least five times and then an alert would pop up or I'd get an announcement text. My concerns of yesterday -- should I go to the gym? -- now seem very far  away, and quite trivial. 

Spring flowers in New York City

If the apartment buildings weren't the backdrop, I might have been in the New England of my youth.

As ever, thanks so much for visiting. Know that you and your families are in my prayers. Take care and of course, wash your hands!

7 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

The first picture is so beautiful and carefree. Oh my, I hadn't heard about the restaurants there closing. Every hour seems to bring something new and frightening. Stay safe and well, my friend.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's the same here. Things keep changing daily and we are more confined than ever. How nice to see those out in the park and enjoying the sunshine ! My daughter said they were going to be visiting the parks and taking more hikes in the coming days. Fresh air and sunshine are so important for our health. Praying for you too as we go though these difficult days.

JFM said...

Hello, my name is Jan and I am a new follower of your lovely blog.
I am grateful for blogging especially in this age of the new corona virus.
We must do our part not to gather but being humans we still like to interact with one another.
Your photos are beautiful and they brightened my morning...thank you.
Have a lovely day šŸ’®

Billie Jo said...

Hello!
Lovely photos in this time of uncertainty.
It is strange, isn't it?
Things I fretted about yesterday do indeed seem insignificant today.
I am happy to have blog friends to visit!
Have a cozy afternoon.

mxtodis123 said...

Ah, the daffodils are pushing their way through. what an amazing park to have near your home.

Lowcarb team member said...

Always good to see daffodils, they are a beautiful colour and add a sense of cheerfulness … much needed in the present time.

All the best Jan

Rose said...

I cannot believe how many daffodils they are...I need to go for a drive and see if I can find any around here. Loved seeing these.