Powered by Blogger.

C and D are for Coffee and Doughnut(s)


This is not the most attractive photograph I've ever posted, and that's an understatement. Any social media influencer of any stature would have photoshopped, cropped and put a nice filter on this photograph of the perfect duo, coffee and a doughnut. But I'm keeping it very real for my C and D post in the Blogging from A to Z Challenge.

I planned a trip to my favorite doughnut store, where I would elaborately arrange an extraordinary doughnut and perfect cup of cappuccino. I realized I was contemplating a 400 calorie doughnut, definitely yummy and definitely more calories and sugar than I needed on an average Thursday afternoon, especially after my Weight Watchers meeting.

Instead I opted for a home made iced coffee -- the cup was left from my coffee bought from the cart across the street from Weight Watchers -- and a simple, but very tasty, glazed doughnut from Dunkin Doughnuts, which is a block from home. The cost was $1.39 for the doughnut and the pleasure of a doughnut and coffee while relaxing at home, Priceless.

I cut down significantly on my consumption of sweets four years ago, but I still enjoy a sweet treat every now and then. For my Weight Watcher friends who may be reading, I budgeted my daily points carefully and not only did I enjoy my doughnut, but I had points to spare at the end of the day.  

My coffee excursions are a challenge. Coffee seems to be surrounded by an amazing assortment of goodies everywhere I go. I pass an array of scones, bagels, pastries and doughnuts whenever I am in line to pay for my coffee. My goal is to photograph the treats and keep walking. I'll let you know how that goes. I'm optimistic that I will succeed and be able to wear my summer clothes when the Challenge is finished at the end of April.

Question of the Day: What's your favorite goodie to go with a cup of coffee?

 Sadly, I don't have an update on the email debacle. I'm becoming reconciled to what may be my lost account and moving on. It's a good lesson to print out items you need to keep.

As ever, thanks for visiting and let's have a cup of coffee. 
 

6 comments

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

My favorite treat to have with my coffee is a doughnut. I love them and usually have one or two to start the day with my morning cup of coffee. I don't count points like you do with weight watchers, but have stayed the same size for several years and thankfully the same clothes do still fit.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

I splurge and have a half of bagel with my coffee sometimes. Hubby bought doughnut holes at the bakery today for his coffee! Enjoy your afternoon!

Mevely317 said...

I'm loving how you complimented this treat with the sweet doily!

Little Wandering Wren said...

I reckon the French win out on this one - a square of dark chocolate is perfect!
Wren x

Archana said...

Chocolate Cake without icing! A wonderful theme indeed! Happy AtoZ! :-)

Janet said...

Love dunking donuts in my coffee! I wish I could have one right now. I'm giving Keto a shot and while coffee is not a problem, the donut is. I'll just keep looking at your picture. It looks great just as it is :) Happy A to Z-ing.

Janet’s Smiles