Powered by Blogger.

Just in Case You Missed National Lobster Day

In the past we've celebrated National Licorice Day and National Milk Chocolate Day. Except for the vagaries of my tablet and Blogger, we would have celebrated National Lobster Day yesterday. But the technical details seem to be working and we are happily celebrating National Lobster Day tonight with a visit to McLoon's Lobster for what may be the best lobster roll on the East coast.


I know there may be people who will debate that statement with me, but after my lobster tastings in Connecticut this summer, I'm choosing McLoons for best lobster roll of the summer of 2017.  All of my tastings were in nice seaside settings and all of the lobster was good, but McLoons tipped the balance with the quantity of lobster, the perfect arrangement of the lobster in the roll -- I prefer the toasted hot dog bun -- and the weather worn picnic tables.

This was the view as I ate my perfect and delicious lobster roll.



The menu -- I'm tempted by the Maine crabmeat roll or perhaps a crab cake, but when there's fresh lobster the temptation quickly evaporates.

I'm now back from Maine for a little over a week, though it feels like I've been back a month. Rosh Hashanah was lovely and spiritually inspiring. I got to spend time with dear friends and eat way too much. But between the holiday and being in Maine I'm not easily back in the routine of walking, yoga, reading and blogging. I think the ninety degree weather on the first day of fall totally threw me off and I've been taking refuge in front of the air conditioner.

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. My heart and prayers are in Puerto Rico tonight.
 

8 comments

Melinda said...

Wow, that looks so yummy!!

M : )

Theresa said...

Nothing like a yummy meal with a beautiful view:) Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Every time I eat a lobster roll, I think it is the best. I have never had a bad one.

Maine is such a lovely state; I am glad that you enjoyed it.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love lobster ! Your's looks wonderful! The heat wave we've been having has totally thrown me off kilter. Just as I was gearing up for cooler days, it got hotter than we'd been all summer. I too have been enjoying the comfort of air conditioning.

TARYTERRE said...

lobster is my favorite meat. sorry i missed the day honoring it. . looks like you had a mighty tasty sandwich.

Susie said...

Buttercup, I have to say that is tasty looking. I love the pictures of the old piers. Blessings to you, xoxo, Susie

Chatty Crone said...

Glad you had a nice Rosh Hashanah - is that the right way to say it?

I have never - but I want to - had lobster!

Paula said...

Love lobster!!