Powered by Blogger.

Morning and Evening in Mid-Coast Maine

 

Morning has broken, Spruce Head Island, Maine 

Even though I was only in Maine for not quite a full five days, I took several hundred pictures. I've shared one so far and was set to share many more. But instead of lots of pictures I chose just my three favorites. Two are the  view of the water -- one of my all-time favorite views anywhere in the world -- and one was a new discovery.  


I love the view of the water bright with sunshine, but I also love the sun's last rays on the water. Thankfully I don't have to choose which I prefer. I was standing in the kitchen when I turned my head to the window and the last moments of this magnificent sunset were my reward. I shared this photograph with friends and my friend Bill's observation was that sometimes that moment of awareness is all it takes. It was just a moment and then the sun slipped below the horizon.  



All I could see from where I stood
Was three long mountains and a wood
From Renascence by Edna St. Vincent Millay

This is the view of the harbor of Camden, Maine from Mount Battie. Though I've visited the area at least five times, this was the first time I've been to Mount Battie, and the reward was this majestic view.  I'm quoting Millay because the legend goes that Renascence was written while Millay was looking at this view. It won't be the last time I return here.  

It's been hot, but not impossible here and today was quite productive. I didn't get all of my errands done, but enough to feel content. I've got another full day tomorrow and then I'm off on an adventure, which is why I'm focused on getting things done. I'll be doing a Pink Saturday post tomorrow and then a quick post about my adventure plans on Sunday morning. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and keep cool.  

2 comments

DeniseinVA said...

Your photos are gorgeous and that sunset is stunning. Happy weekend to you Buttercup

Theresa said...

Beautiful views. I would love to see that part of the country someday. I can’t wait to hear about your next adventure😊. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs