Powered by Blogger.

Wedding Weekend in Connecticut

I could title this post "You can take the girl out of New England, but you can't take New England out of the girl." But in the interest of not having the longest blog post title ever I am going with something a little simpler.

This has been -- despite the heat -- the loveliest, sweetest weekend celebrating the wedding of my dear friend's daughter. The fetes are a delight -- rehearsal dinner, "girls' brunch, cocktail hour -- and the company is a treat. Yes, I'm here for a wedding celebration, but I'm so enjoying my vacation at the beach in Connecticut.

We're in Old Saybrook, and both land and seascapes are beautiful. There will be more pictures and posts to come, including a Wedding Wednesday bridal post.

As ever, thanks for visiting. Keep cool and enjoy the weekend.

8 comments

Linda said...

Yes, Connecticut is quiet lovely...smiles...enjoy your time.

Pondside said...

That looks like a wonderful place for a summer holiday - and a wedding to top it all off. Have a great time!

Gloria said...

Have a great time! I saw you tweeted that you will be in CT!! And you're in Old Saybrook? I live in Lyme! Too bad that I have family visiting here from Long Island, otherwise we could have met for a drink or something! If you get a chance, go to The Backporch (also in Saybrook) for a drink at night - they have a nice outdoor deck and fire pits and it's right on the water too! HAVE A GREAT TIME! Best, Gloria (from: the little red house with the white porch blogspot)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've never been in that part of the world so do appreciate the pictures. Hope your Monday is off to a great start !

Ida said...

Weddings are always fun. This looks like a very pleasant area to visit.

TARYTERRE said...

I love New England. Gorgeous up there for sure. ENJOY.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Connecticut is usually lovely this time of year. It does not sound like you let the hot weather to bother you during the wedding/vacation weekend.

Theresa said...

Beautiful place for a Wedding! I enjoyed the pics:). Hugs