Powered by Blogger.

Empire State Building Random 5 Friday

It's time for one of the high points of the Blog week, Random 5 Friday. Without any fuss, here are five very random thoughts.

1) I was set to call this post "Tundra Random 5," but happily that doesn't apply for our weather for this week. I am positively giddy at the turn in the weather. I was going to share a picture of the snow mound I jumped over last Friday, but now it's greatly diminished and very dirty ice. Even for keeping it real, it's just not a very attractive picture.

2) Because the weather is so nice I've done some traipsing around town, including a trip to West 34th Street. This was the scene that greeted me getting out of the subway.

I'm not sure how I left the Empire State Building off my list of places to visit in New York City.

3) On that note...My list of places to visit only included sites in Manhattan. New York City is five boroughs and though I've written about visits to the other four -- Brooklyn, Bronx, Queens and Staten Island -- it's time to do a little more exploring. I've got a visit to Staten Island lined up in the next little while and will plan a few other excursions. Stay tuned for the mini blog series, "Leaving Manhattan..."

3) I'm scheduled to get a new floor in the dining area next week. No matter how disruptive -- and it will be -- I will be so glad to have less overall chaos and my furniture back to where it should be. Six dining room chairs in my living room has not been fun.  

4) This Sunday will be the last week for "Downton Abbey" for this season." It's a great temptation to see what's going to happen in this episode, but so far I've resisted. 


5) It's amazing how pretty the snow can be when I'm looking at it in the past. I took this picture at a bus stop in Greenwich Village last Saturday. There was a lot more snow than I anticipated and at the time I was not happy with myself for making the trip. A week later it just looks pretty, and I'm glad to have the picture.   

Definitely enjoyed the change in weather and I love knowing that no matter what happens in the next few weeks, spring really is just around the corner. As always, thanks for visiting and take good care! 

15 comments

Lynn said...

You live in an ideal vacation area, I feel like I do too we don't have far to venture for adventure. Great photo of the street and E.S. building.

Sola Scriptura said...

I'm glad to hear the weather has warmed up for you! I'm looking forward to the mini blog series!!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Oh no, I didn't realize that Downton's last episode for the season is coming so soon. I suppose Mr. Sulfridge will be taking it's place as I've seen that it is to be coming soon. I did enjoy that last year too. Glad you had a nice break in the weather. Lots of snow has melted here but still a lot remains. Hope you have a wonderful weekend.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

It is sad that this is the season end of Downton, but I do look forward to Call The Midwife and Paradise.

Have a wonderful weekend with all the sun and warmth it promises. I am so looking forward to it myself.

Latane Barton said...

What you mean.... the last week for Downton Abbey for the season. It just started didn't it? Oh dang. Well, I suppose I will survive.

Lynne said...

First time visiting you. Thanks for visiting me at the Irish GH. Not the best time to visit the city during all the snow. I like your Empire State photo. Seeing it from this site gives it a majestic feel. We were in NYC in October and were inside. Beautiful building indeed . . worth the "look and see."

Lynda said...

I like the design of that playground! The colors look especially inviting in the snow, too. We, too, are enjoying very mild weather and loving it. Until yesterday, we still had some dirty snowbanks in parking lots. It's funny how much longer they take to melt.

It's me said...

Happy weekend darling...love Ria...x !

Linda said...

Love the photos! You do know, we are suppose to get more snow this coming week, right? Blessings

Ida said...

Happy you have had a change in the weather and got out and about. The subway view shot was really cool. I've never been to NY city but I think it would be fun to visit atleast once in your lifetime. Can't wait to see more of your photos.

TARYTERRE said...

LOVE the Empire State Building. Glad your weather has been more tolerable.

Elizabeth Edwards said...

i am having to catch up on DA this week - last week our area had a tower down so we have to watch 2 shows sunday night. i will be interested to see if Mr. Selfridge comes on after it soon??! they have yet to say a schedule?? i found that on Netflix & was super excited to see the next season. such a good show. ( :

Annesphamily said...

I just love all your knowledge of your city. I am confused by the blogger, google stuff. I added myself to your blog here but I have been at the google site it takes me too. Just confusing. Sigh!
Always a pleasure to visit you, your writing is fun and always informative and photos are always great. Have a good weekend! Blessings, Anne

Theresa said...

I SO enjoy strolling around your city with you:) Have a blessed weekend dear friend, HUGS!

Nancy said...

We've had a few days of warmth, but this week seems to be going backward into the 20s and 30s. Looking forward to spring! :)