Powered by Blogger.

Spring Clothes Dreaming Pink Saturday

Though I took these pictures almost two months ago I didn't dream I'd ever be able to wear the clothes. The winter arrived almost immediately and pushed all thoughts of pretty cotton clothes far away. But today is a glorious fifty degrees and I am dreaming of spring clothes, all pretty and lots of pink.

I think I need the pink tote bag and the pretty in pink pullover shown on the model in front. 

I never wear orange -- doesn't do much for my complexion -- but this dress is making me think about giving it another try. Anyone here able to wear orange? 

Across the street from Macy's on West 34th Street is a new Crocs store. I need to make a return trip to see if they've opened yet. I didn't get a chance when I was in the neighborhood earlier this week. 

I know it's supposed to snow again next week and that means more time in boots and gloves and no time in pink spring outfits. But for today it's a Pink Saturday and I'm celebrating!

It's really spring today and I am loving it. I got my walk in this afternoon and I'm meeting my friend Mary later for dinner and a play in an Off-Broadway theater in the West Village. 

As always, thanks for visiting and I hope you're having a pretty in pink Saturday, too. 

17 comments

Anonymous said...

We are enjoying a spring like day too. I don't think I've ever worn orange before. Love the pink though.
Hope you and Mary have a wonderful time!

Annesphamily said...

Oh goodness a Bronco fan always has lots of orange in her closet! LOL! I just purchased a handbag in orange. I must do a post about it soon because it screams Springtime! I have a lip color in an shade of orange too. I have some deeper orange tops I love to wear. They are not so bright as my Bronco orange gear! I love pink too and I love Springtime! 25 more days! Hugs, Anne

Annesphamily said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Barb said...

I just bought a lightweight jacket though it's nowhere near spring here in CO! Mine's gray but I'll wear a scarf to brighten it up. No orange for me!

Melinda said...

Love the pink! Love orange too.

We had another beautiful
day here!

M : )

TARYTERRE said...

Love that green tote for St. Patrick's Day. Nice spring clothes too. I like orange. Don't know how good I look in it, though.

Lynn said...

Gorgeous windows, I have always worn orange, the darker shades.

Sola Scriptura said...

I really enjoy seeing your fashion photos :) I would love to have all of the pictures clothes in my wardrobe! I hope you're having a good weekend and wonder how your crochet efforts are going...

Theresa said...

It is feeling like Spring around here:) I am itching to buy some new Spring clothes! I like to wear orange but wear any color I want to no matter what it does to my complexion (:-0 Enjoy your day dear friend, go get that pretty bag! HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I can hardly wait to shed all these layers and wear lighter weight clothing. I'm sure I'll feel like I've shed 10 pounds. I do love the colors for spring. A few warmer days here has renewed my hope. Sounds like you are definitely enjoying your weekend. Happy Sunday!

Living in the In Between said...

I wear a pink winter coat, but am sooo looking forward to going without all the warm clothes. Are you going to do the A to Z challenge this year?

Unknown said...

"Buttercup Counts Her Blessings" has been included in the A Sunday Drive for this week. Be assured that I hope this helps to point even more new visitors in your direction.

http://asthecrackerheadcrumbles.blogspot.com/2014/02/a-sunday-drive_23.html

Linda said...

I love the pink & green totes/bags. I also wear orange, pink, reds during the winter months. Makes me not so glum. Blessings

Susie said...

Carol, I am so sorry I have been missing your posts. I have lost my list of blog pals. True is it's this window's 8...and my lack of knowledge. I am so happy to read that you are out and about, going and doing. Always plenty to do in your wonderful city. I can't wait to visit NYC again. It won't be this year, I have two big weddings to attend. Blessings, xoxox,Susie

Mevely317 said...

Hope your theater date was great fun yesterday?

Before reading what you said about the orange dress, I was mentally calling dibs ... lol! Love that happy hue!

Can't wait to see a pix of you in that dress ... or the pullover and handbag!



Lynda said...

It has been gorgeous here the last two days, also. I need to visit the Croc store in Chattanooga when I am there in about three weeks. My back, feet, and legs all feel better when I wear them. One of my sandals got lost last year - - made me sad. Orange is not my color either but if it were, it would have to have a blue, rather than yellow, base to it.

Susan ~ Southern Fascinations said...

Try the orange dress and add a pretty scarf in a color that is complimentary to your complexion. Pink is always a good choice!