Powered by Blogger.

I'm Pleased to Announce...

I have two announcements, but before we get all excited I want to caution you that these are not major breaking news. I have not won the lottery, gotten a book contract or met Prince Charming. But in these waning days of winter I am pleased to find happiness in the small joys of life. Today, even with rain and snow, added two joys to my life.

The first! I have added a new place to my "must-visit" list. Cornwall, here I come! I have no idea when, but I am so eager to see Cornwall. Are any of you from/living in Cornwall?


I love the vintage rail posters

The second! I have actually completed reading my first book of 2013. Yes, It's eleven weeks into the year, but last night I finished Steve Robinson's "In the Blood,"  which takes place primarily in Cornwall, England. I really enjoy mysteries and this had a twist with a focus on genealogy. The book is described as a Genealogical Crime Mystery, and it's got all three facets and a very interesting hero, Jefferson Tayte, who searches a mystery in present day Cornwall. The book also travels back to the eighteenth century and I also enjoyed the historical glimpses and descriptions. Tayte is the antithesis of the always groomed James Bond and is a rumpled genealogist who lives in his car. I found him very endearing and I was happy to find that there are two more books in the series -- so enjoy a series! -- so that I can follow his adventures. My one quibble with the book is that he makes genealogical research seem so easy. 

That's what I read the first week of March. What are you reading?

Wishing you sweet dreams and happy reading 

11 comments

Mevely317 said...

Good evening!
... I envision Mr. Robinson's Tayte looking a bit like Columbo! 'Just might check this out!
Unfortunately, I've not read much more than the "bubble-gum for the eyes" sort of books this year.
On the bright side, I'm excited to begin a long out-of-print edition/ first-person account of living in Los Alamos during the war.

Have a fantastic Friday!

The Cranky said...

I'm a bit behind the times, just recently finished reading The Book Thief for the first of many times.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Good for you finishing a book! Hope you have a fantastic Friday!

Theresa said...

Congratulations:) I know you will enjoy your visit! Have a blessed weekend, HUGS!

Sharon said...

We visited Cornwall several years ago and loved it. Very quaint! Worth a visit and I wish we'd had longer.

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

Cornwall is beautiful! I'm sure you will have a fantastic time when you do make the trip.

Ms Sparrow said...

I became a fan of Cornwall after watching the PBS series Doc Martin. It stars Martin Clunes as a transplanted London doctor living in a tiny fishing village. If you get a chance, you might check it out from the library--but you might have to get on a long list!

Sheilagh said...

Cornwall is a little piece of heaven and well worth a visit. One of Trish's favourite places in the world is St Ives, Cornwall, google it and you will see why. It is an artist's heaven because of the quality of the light there.

My reading for 2013 is abysmal I am ashmaed t say...

love

Sheilagh
xxx

Nellie said...

What am I reading? Two books at the present time - From Preparation to Passion and This Will Be Remembered of Her. Both are from the United Methodist Women Reading Program list.

Cornwall sounds like an interesting place to visit. Perhaps I'll hide in your suitcase.:-)

Anonymous said...

I'm with Nellie in the comment above: I would like to visit Cornwall with you!!!
Have a pleasant weekend.

Lynda said...

Sounds like a great place to visit. I don't remember which books I posted last time so won't add them today. I do think I need to put some on Pinterest though.