Powered by Blogger.

Thankful in April...Real Life


My intention for April was to blog daily. But as with so many intentions real life got in the way. It wasn't errands or work or taxes. It was life and death...the core of life that brings me back to what is important and what are the issues on which I need to focus.

I've been very blessed in my work life, both in the things I've gotten to do and the people I've met. "Work" friends have become simply friends and people I go on vacation with, celebrate holidays with and share joys and sadness. This was a week of sorrow and joy. My friend Mike's mother died on Monday and that was the focus of the week.  Wake on Thursday, Mass on Friday and time spent together yesterday, a time of tears, remembrance and laughter.  It has been a time of sadness for Janet's death and a time of thanksgiving and joy for having known her and spending many happy hours at Christmas and summer cookouts, laughing and enjoying her company.

I am reminded once again to be thankful for real life, however messy and difficult that real life may be at times. I am thankful for quiet minutes drinking coffee with friends, chatting about the most mundane details of our lives. In those minutes is the core of a good life...friends, drink to share and peace in which to live our lives. Thank you all, sweet blogger friends, for being part of my life. Hugs and blessings!  

16 comments

~Kristen~ said...

Such a sweet blog ... glad that even though it was a sad week you had some great things to remember and reasons to smile. Hugs!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm so sorry to hear about the loss of a good friend. The memories of those happy times spent together can never be replaced. Good friends are a blessing!

Unknown said...

Your dear friends you are so close with, so I do know this is a moment of sadness & reflection for you, Carol. I am sorry to learn of her passing ... may you find joy in the life love times you shared.

Have a beautiful week ~
TTFN ~
Hugs of love my special friend,
Marydon

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Buttercup Sweetie...
I am so sorry to hear of Mike's mother Janet's passing. I am sending up prayers sweet one for Mike and comfort for you as well. I know she meant so much to you. It was a place that you loved to go, and enjoy time spent.

You have those memories sweetie. You can pull a memory from that book on the shelf (in your mind) any time and find comfort there. She will remain alive in her memories that you have.

Hugs, hugs, hugs to you sweet one. You will be in my prayers and thoughts. Many hugs and SO much love sweetie, Sherry

Anonymous said...

True...

Ann said...

I'm sure Mike feels lucky to have a wonderful friend like you in his life!

Bernie said...

Sorry for your loss, Mike is fortunate to have such a true friend as you.....:-)Big Hugs

Melinda said...

So sorry to hear of this. times like this have a way of slapping reality in our faces.
Blessings and Prayers to all.

Melinda

Lynda said...

Real life is more important than blogging life. They are the ones who will be there when you need them and for the good times, too, - - but we are glad you are back!

Shell said...

When you're blessed to have people that you love and care about,,,you're also vulnerable to pain and loss. But we learn from those losses the value of what is TRULY important.
It IS true, Adversities build Strength and character.....darn it anyway. But having someone touch your life,,,in some way, is what life is all about!
I'm sorry for Your loss and your friends. These things DO change us,,,,it what we Choose to do with the situation that can make us better beings. Better friends, better co-workers, better neighbors,,,etc.

Hugs & my thoughts & prayers to you and your work family..... I KNOW how important MY work family is to me!

Shell

(If you want a bit of "Cheer" or brightness, my offer is meager and poor, but I've got a little bit of "Spring" in the form of a Giveaway right now, if you'd like to stop over!)

Maggid said...

You are such a gift. Thank you for the times you do/can share - we are all better for knowing you, even if we live far apart. Thank you for being the person you are -
I am sorry for your sadness -
I am grateful for you in the world

love & love,
-g-

Chatty Crone said...

I'm sorry for the death of your friend Mike's mother. I do thinkt that in death - we remember how lucky we are and think more about life.

God bless.

sandie

Sheilagh said...

Sending love and hugs across the ocean my dear friend.xxx

Sheilagh

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Sorry for the loss of your friends mother. Life does happen and friends and family surely do help to come along side and bring joy and fun.

I had to showers yesterday ~ a bridal shower and a baby shower. Now-a-days, as we sit at the table, aside for just a few, my generation is now the oldest generation. Wow ~ how did THAT happen?

Gloria said...

I am so sorry to hear of your friend's mother's passing. Believe it or not, my best friend from high school, I've known her well over 30 years, her father passed away yesterday. It was a very sad day for me. I met him when I was 15 and would see him over the years at her home for her kids' parties, etc. So I know what you are going through with mourning the loss of the person, yet appreciating the good times you had with them...
Best,
Gloria

Kathleen said...

My sympathy, BC. Celebrate her life, that's what she would want.