Powered by Blogger.

O.K.L.A.H.O.M.A

 

Tribute to Oklahoma at the Museum of Broadway

The first musical I saw was "Oklahoma." I saw it in "summer stock" with my mother, my Brownie friend, her mother and sister. My friend's aunt was Ado Annie, so not only were we seeing live theater, we knew someone in the cast. Sixty plus years later I can still feel the sense of excitement of ten year old Buttercup. I knew Oklahoma was a state, but in 1960 it might has well have been Mars. I never expected that I would visit there.

Sixty plus years later, I leave for Oklahoma tomorrow afternoon. I had plans to be there in the fall of 2020, but I didn't get very far from home then. I'm most excited to see friends I first met on-line in 2016. I got to meet a number of members of the group in 2018 in Nashville and happily, I've had visits with others since then. This weekend I'll be part of a long weekend get-together in Oklahoma City and I'll visit my 46th state. 

Last year Kansas was number 45 and this year Oklahoma is number 46. There are still visits to Nebraska, Iowa and North and South Dakota to come, not yet scheduled. My goal for a number of years has been to visit all fifty states and I'm getting closer.  Any blog friends in Nebraska, Iowa or the Dakotas?

This is my last planned travel adventure for 2024. There may be a trip or two to Connecticut or New Jersey, but nothing much further away is planned now. I've got a few ideas for 2025, but those are just ideas right now. 

Now it's on to finish packing. There's really not a lot to pack. It's going to be hot -- 92 degrees tomorrow -- and I'll get a chance to wear shorts again for at least a few days. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and enjoy the weekend. 


No comments