Powered by Blogger.

Happy (Belated) Kanelbulle Dag

Cheers for the Cinnamon Bun!

Somehow for the first time in years I missed both National Coffee Day (September 29) and International Coffee Day (October 1). But I'm only a day late to celebrate Kanelbulle Dag, the Swedish holiday that salutes the Cinnamon Bun. Kanelbulle Dag is celebrated in both Sweden and Finland, in the latter with a slightly different spelling. It was created in 1999 and it salutes Swedish baking traditions. 
 

My salute is in this photograph at one of my favorite local bakeries. I didn't indulge, but yes, I was sorely tempted. I went with my standby, iced coffee. So one might say that I was celebrating National Coffee Day, although belatedly. 


My celebration of Rosh Hashanah was lovely, both at services and with my family of friends. I'm back from my late summer wanderings -- Maine, New Jersey, Massachusetts, Rhode Island and Nova Scotia -- and now enjoying autumn in New York. It's back to the gym, errands, medical appointments and a few special events as well, including a leaf viewing trip in Connecticut next week. What's on your calendar for the month? 


A happy 50th anniversary shout-out to my dear Colorado blog friends, Pat and Vinny.  Here's to a wonderful anniversary celebration and wishes for many more years, happy and healthy. Pat was one of my first blog friends in the early years of Buttercupland and I'm so grateful that we are still in touch. 


As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great weekend. 

2 comments

Sandi said...

YUM. These look fantastic!

Mevely317 said...

I'm so glad your celebration with loved ones was heartwarming.
Oh man, those cinnamon buns? My fat cells are applauding. I don't think I could be as strong as you, but an iced coffee sounds darn good, too.