Powered by Blogger.

Life at Sea

 

The Enchanted Princess in the waters off Bar Harbor, Maine

I've written about some of the sights I saw during last week's cruise, but I haven't written anything about the cruise. I'm a fan of cruises -- my first cruise was in 1983 -- and this was my 14th cruise. I've been to the Baltic, Antarctica, Malaysia and Singapore and Alaska via ship. I love getting to places that otherwise might be difficult to get to. I also enjoy life at sea. I like the entertainment, food and meeting people. 

I've found it a great way to travel with friends. No one has to drive, figure out navigation or shop and cook. I took this trip with two friends from my working days. The ports were familiar to me, but there's always something new or an old favorite to visit. We'd hoped for autumn leaves, but sadly, except for Bar Harbor, there was no color in the trees to be  found. 

We enjoyed the buffet for breakfast and lunch. I loved lingering over coffee with the ocean view. That was a treat that never got old. Another treat was the sugar-free desserts -- Yummy! -- and the salad bar. 

Fabulous garnishes and terrific staff at the buffet



Our last day at sea featured a special cake dessert at lunch. There were a number of tempting choices, but I went with the strawberry shortcake. No regrets!

I'm a fan of a formal dinner in the dining room, and it was a great  week. I tried to order foods I don't often get at home and there were so many choices. I tried to eat prudently, but there were temptations and yes, I did eat dessert.  


Formal night, September 2024

It's all over -- except the photos, the memories and the friendships. So grateful to spend time with dear friends, make new friends and enjoy the beautiful sights of the trip. Now it's back to regularly scheduled programming, at least for a little while. Still have some travel and time with friends coming up. 

It's beginning to feel like autumn in New York and I'm out of sandals and back to socks and a jacket. There are pumpkins and pumpkin spice all around and I'm excited for all the fun and flavor of this season. 

As ever, thanks for visiting and dear friends in the path of Helene, prayers for safety. 

1 comment

Mevely317 said...

Great photo, Carol! I'm so glad to hear cruising is still an elegant affair. 'Dress-up' and fine dining were my favorite part.
My son and his wife just came back from their first (and probably) final cruise aboard Virgin Voyages. Everything they mentioned sounded disappointing. Not my preferred demographic!