Powered by Blogger.

One Is Silver and the Other's Gold

Silver (tone)

You'd never know that autumn began today by the weather in Manhattan. It was hot and sunny and by the time I made it to my doctor appointment this afternoon, I was kind of a sweaty mess. It was not what I expected for the first day of autumn. 

But my appointment went well -- a miniscule improvement in my retina, but I'll take it to the alternative -- and I remembered that there more cows of the Cow Parade at Bloomingdale's just a few blocks away. I walked over to Bloomingdale's via a stop at the bank and a stop for a Diet Coke. 

Unfortunately I didn't have sun glasses with me and my eyes were still very sensitive to light. It was easy to take photos of the silver cow, but had a tough time when I stepped outside the store and took pictures of what I believed was a gold cow. On the bus home -- still in my blurry state -- I decided that I would title this post "One is silver and the other's gold," after one of my favorite Girl Scout songs. 

As I was editing the photographs in a non-blurry state I realized that the cow gracing the front of the store is not gold. It's a takeoff on the "Big Brown Bag" that Bloomingdale's gave out to customers. 

Not really gold

If you look carefully you can see the words "big brown cow" on the side of the cow formerly known as golden cow (to me). I've thought of changing the title, but "One is silver and the other is a big brown cow" doesn't quite have the same ring to it. 

That's my story of the first day of autumn. How did your day go?

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. Happy Autumn!

6 comments

Iris Flavia said...

Crazy to read your post when just yesterday evening I made a note to make an appointment at the eye doctor.
Oh, here we only had a couple of warm days.
Cool cow!
My first day of Autumn was a nice stroll with Hubby and I got a very cool humidifier, pics too come.

Edna B said...

Autumn came in a nice way here in New England. I hope it stays this way for a long time. Enjoy your day, hugs, Edna B.

Nellie said...

Autumn arrived here with rain and wind, leaving cooler temperatures. Very much like fall weather….for a few days, anyway. I remember that song about silver and gold. Good to hear about a bit of improvement.

Jeanie said...

Rain, rain and more rain! I love that you had a glorious sunny day to welcome autumn. It's 45 this morning. I love the cows, your title and interpretation! And good news on the retina!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It was a wet cold day here. The rain never stopped and it was windy too.It is wonderful that you still hav such lovely weather.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Yes, I could read the words on the Bloomingdale cow, Carol. The first day of Autumn was also overly warm here in NH and like yourself, I am more than ready for cooler temps. For me, it’s time for jeans and fleece😀 Good new on the eye checkup too and that blurry feeling is also one of my least favorite checkup residuals.