Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Goes Sock Shopping

Many thanks to Target for an amazing array of Valentine socks

I've cut down my trips around town in the last few weeks and cut out some things that I'd been doing in the fall. For now the Metropolitan Museum of Art and haircuts are off the schedule. I'm also limiting my grocery shopping to once a week and looking for a time that's the least crowded. I did my grocery shopping for this week at the local Target, which was very roomy at noon yesterday. 

On my way to the grocery section -- great score on coffee! -- the Valentine sock collection attracted my eye. I don't need any more socks right now, but they had some really cute ones that are perfect for Pink Saturday.

Loved this foxy look...

...And this celebrity llama incognito in sunglasses!

These sloth cupids found their way into my basket and almost came home with me. They didn't make it out the door this time, but I may not be able to resist as Valentine's Day gets closer. Which ones would you choose?

No surprise, but I'm a big fan of both holiday socks and animal socks. I was delighted to add turkey socks to my collection as a Thanksgiving gift last year. I've also got monkey socks (of course!) and sheep socks, and yes the monkey and sheep socks were gifts from dear friends who very kindly indulge me.   

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. Stay safe, my friends!

15 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

These would make the best Valentine gifts! My favorite is the fox.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Llama in sunglasses - so cute! Liz

Rustic Pumpkin said...

I love to ring in the changes with festive and seasonal socks too! Love the cupid sloths!

Deb in Wales

Bonnie's Food Blog said...

I'd choose the sloths too. I don't think I've ever seen then on any article of clothing--not even for kids.

Best,
Bonnie

acorn hollow said...

I love the socks I only have Christmas socks so I am behind the times.
I cancelled a dental cleaning last week just to risky I think and I only grocery shop every 3 weeks and get my perishables at a little local store. I also grocery shop at 6 am when the store first opens no one much around which I like. I will go for a haircut this week.
Cathy

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What cute socks, it would be hard to choose between them. I do have some Valentine socks in my collection. They are a fun way to celebrate a holiday. I don't have any turkey socks so will have to on the look out for some next year.

Chatty Crone said...

I love the Valentine's socks - they are cute. Happy Valentine's Day.

Marcia said...

When I was teaching I'd wear fun socks. Now here in NH in winter I go for warmth in socks.

Edna B said...

These socks are so adorable. I say get a pair of each of them. Live it up! You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

Olde Dame Holly said...

Absolutely the sloths. I have always loved sloths.

kestrel said...

very cute indeed. Valentine day's seem so far away for us in Malaysia as we are preparing for Chinese New Year which falls on 12 Feb. The strawberries for me!

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

How cute! I like the Llama...but really love them all! Enjoy your week!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

These are adorable sock patterns, Carol! I also like to wear seasonal socks and have a large Christmas sock collection

Pam said...

Awesome socks! Love the cute little llama in her sunglasses! They're all cute!

Maggid said...

"Sloth Cupid."

who would have thunked it???
💙