Powered by Blogger.

It's Monkey Monday: Meet Bongo

 

                                        Pep and Bongo

Though last week was a tough week, we did have a little (very good) excitement. Thanks to my friend Lonni, Pep got a new buddy to spend time with. Please meet Bongo. Bongo is lively and a lot of fun and has been described as "drumatic." He's also a sharp dresser and made himself right at home with Pep and the group. Pep has been a lot more upbeat since Bongo arrived. 

 Several friends of Buttercupland and Pep have asked about the status of Pep and Nessie's relationship, including the big question. Will the two lovebirds get back together? I'd say it's fifty-fifty and for now they're both enjoying their single lives. However, I did see Nessie looking at wedding gown ideas on Instagram, so I'd never say never. 

In other news, today was fifty degrees and raining. As much as I'd like to hang on to every last scrap of warm weather and long days, the seasons change and autumn has fully arrived. We may get some warm days, but the days will grow shorter and one day I will take out my gloves and hat and acknowledge that sock season is fully here, whether I like it or not. I haven't yet heard any Christmas music in stores yet, so until then on warmer days I can pretend that October will last forever. 

Central Park on Sunday and a preview of 
Wedding Wednesday's Central Park wedding pictures  

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.  


10 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

Bongo is really cute! I like his outfit, and he looks like a baby. I'm sure Pep will take him under his wing...er, paw.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi Buttercup! Cooler days here in Utah too. I loved the picture of Central Park and I loved meeting Ped and Bongo. Such cute friends. Have a good day!

Linda said...

Hello Bongo!!! Waving to my buddy Pep, and Pep, are you sure you don't want to be introduced to Georgette? smiles

Edna B said...

My my, your Bongo is so handsome! I love his outfit. It looks like Pep an Bongo will be good friends. The park surely does look like Autumn has come. Pretty soon I'll have to start my count down till Spring because I just do not like the cold. You have a wonderful day, hugs, Edna B.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We had rain overnight, but this morning the sun is out but it doesn't have much heat to it. W'e've cooled off too and its sock and sweater weather at my house. We'll have to be thankful for the sunny days that come our way, Meanwhile I have plenty of cold water clothing.

Carla from The River said...

Hi,
I smiled at your "I can pretend that October will last forever." I am with you.
I put flannel sheets on my bed today.. a wintry mix is in the forecast.
Carla

Melinda said...

Pep's friend is a cutie. Did not know about Pep's separation.
Our weather is taking a turn over the next few days. Some ups and downs.

M : )

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Glad to meet Pep’s new friend, Bongo, whomlooks quite dashing and fun. A rainy Tues in NH as well.

Theresa said...

Hi there Bongo! Nice to meet you:) That view of Central Park is so pretty! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Great-Granny Grandma said...

Cute.