Powered by Blogger.

L Is for Lima

Our A to Z blogging adventures continue with a visit to Lima Peru, on the Pacific Ocean

I'm delighted to return to blogland after my mouse failure interlude. I now have a much fancier mouse than I did on Tuesday morning, and after a misadventure or two getting it connected I'm continuing our A to Z adventures. Alas, I've fallen behind on the Challenge, but I promise you we will finish circling the globe in April. I've gone through my photographs and we've got some exciting places to visit in the next few weeks. 

My visit to Peru in 2016 was inspired by a desire to see the archaeological site at Machu Picchu. I didn't know much about Lima before I arrived and the things I saw there during my three day visit  were all new to me. I loved the location on the Pacific, whether visiting the sculpture garden pictured above or having lunch with my tour group at a restaurant overlooking the ocean. 


My favorite site was the Museo Larco, an extraordinary collection of Pre-Columbian art and archaeological pieces housed in an Eighteenth Century mansion. The collection was fascinating and gave me a great overview of the history of the sites I would be visiting while I was in Peru. But my favorite part of my visit to the museum were the beautiful gardens. 

   This was my lunch time view at the Museo Larco

A few of the many Paddington bears I met in Lima. These Paddingtons were found at the Museo gift shop. Paddington is featured throughout the city, as he originally came from "Darkest Peru." 

The only downside to Lima was not the fault of the city. My suitcase went to Atlanta instead of Lima, and it didn't catch up to me until we had left Lima for Cuzco, four days later. This mishap taught me good lessons about how much I really need to have in my carry-on for long trips. I did have a change of clothes and most essential toiletries, but had to chase down sunscreen and a hat for the summer weather in Lima. 

I'd be remiss if "M" wasn't for Machu Picchu. We're visiting this legendary site next as well as completing our visit to Peru with a side trip to the Peruvian Amazon. Speaking of side trips I highly recommend a side trip to visit our friends at Pink Saturday

 Again, I'm so happy to be back with my blog buddies. I'll be blog visiting over the weekend and look forward to catching up with everyone. I'm doing okay. My big project was sorting photographs and I've completed it. I've also done a lot of shredding and started clearing a closet. I know there will be projects I won't get to, but pleased to have made headway on some that have been long-deferred.   

As ever, thanks for visiting and take care. Much love and wash your  hands!

11 comments

LC said...

At this season of life my only visit to Lima, Peru, will be through your blog. Before my stroke we made a number of trips overseas in addition to Mexico, Belize and Guatemala. Post-stroke we took a nine-day Baltic Sea Cruise. And in 2017 we headed to the midwest to finish my last three of our United States. Hubby still has Hawaii to go but is ambivalent about it so far. We did have a van trip out west planned for this year. But the virus has squelched our plans to depart April 29. Keep those wonderful photos and memories coming. They fuel my armchair travels!

Deb J. in Utah said...

I would love to visit Peru and see Machu Picchu. You have sure visited some interesting places. Thanks for sharing.

Ginny Hartzler said...

I can't wait to see your Machu Picchu post!! I have watched T.V. shows about it. Your first picture is my favorite; so beautiful! Well, I am glad you at least finally got your luggage back.

Chatty Crone said...

My parents went there many, many years ago and enjoyed it too. The colors of everything look more vivid there. Are you saying that Paddington bear is from there? I thought it was from England. Ever figure how many miles you have traveled?

TARYTERRE said...

my heart be still. Machu Picchu was on my bucket list for years, as well as all of Peru. because of health issues it will never happen. but you brought a bright spot to me day with this post, your descriptions and photographs made me smile. it was almost as good as being there.

Frédérique - Quilting Patchwork Appliqué said...

I'm glad you have a new and working mouse! Lovely photos of Peru.
P is for Pojagi

Theresa said...

Happy to see you are back in business. I remember the Lima trip and the luggage problem. The pictures are beautiful! Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

We happen to have a Lima here in Ohio. Of course it's nothing like what you got to see, but interesting to note many of our towns are name after many more famous ones. Glad you are back in business with your new mouse. I enjoyed all the pictures. After seeing snow here this week a visit to southern climes is much needed.Take care and stay safe.

Lynda said...

As always, I love traveling with you by blog!
However, I am most impressed with the projects you have completed! I still have my pics to "get through". My mom never got all hers labeled so we had no clue who some of the people were.
Also, congrats on working the closet. I am going after every corner in this house, too - - - but it takes a looonnnnggggg time. We have lived here 24 years and been married for 43. How many years have you lived in your home?
When we moved my mom out of her co-op unit in Albany, NY - - - I was impressed with her storage solutions and how much she was able to get in her one bedroom home. It was a decent size one bedroom. The only small room was the Pullman Kitchen.

Patti said...

Beautiful pictures! Thank you for being a great tour guide all across the globe! This past January, some friends of my daughter went to Iceland for 10 days. I visited there through their photos, just as I am seeing Lima, Peru (and your other stops) through yours.

Jamie said...

Good post and great pics. My best friend moved to Lima... not this one though, the one in Ohio USA. 😄

I nominated you for a Blogging Liebster Award on my blog. I picked people who are on the #atozchallenge list.