Powered by Blogger.

Pink Blossom Pink Saturday

A few days ago I celebrated Pink Saturday just a block from home

Blossoms are everywhere and the medians on Broadway are especially pretty this year. It may be the saddest spring I can remember, but the blossoms are extraordinary. 

This picture was taken just a block from home. On the right is a food delivery truck -- our lifeline -- and on the left, more beautiful blossoms. 

Looking downtown on Broadway, noon today

Yes, it was cold, wind and rainy this morning, so the weather wasn't conducive to essential errands 
or walking for exercise, but the street wasn't that much emptier than most days.  It was, though, eerily empty for noon on Sunday.  And yes, I was out walking for exercise. I entered no stores, I wore a mask and latex gloves. When I got home I took off my shoes at the door. I then washed the gloves -- in case I had inadvertently touched anything -- and then washed my hands. After that I took off my coat. It's cumbersome, but as the days are going by, it's becoming routine.  

Somewhat to my surprise, the days go by quickly. Today I had a fun Zoom get-together with friends around the country, spent time cooking and watched two episodes of an Australian mystery. I decluttered, made a few phone calls and responded to a lot of text messages. I read newspapers on-line and listened to the Elton John television special while I worked on this post.  How was your Sunday?

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care of yourself. Much love, wash your hands and don't touch your face.  

10 comments

Deb J. in Utah said...

Those are simply beautiful blossoms! How, that is crazy to see Broadway so empty. I love seeing your pictures in NYC. Stay safe. Stay well.

Chatty Crone said...

I AM GLAD YOU ARE BEING CAREFUL.

Ginny Hartzler said...

The trees are beautiful! I think they may be Tulip Poplars. We had church this morning on Zoom, it was nice. I'm glad you are being very careful!!

Karen said...

Those trees are so full of blossoms. a lovely sight!

Theresa said...

The streets will be full again, I believe that day will come. The blooms are beautiful! Have a blessed and safe day dear friend, HUGS!

Boud said...

The flowering cherries are lovely, blooming no matter what happens. I have to make a daring trip to the post office and then the bank today. No cash in hand, and I need it to pay kind neighbors who shop for me, just in case. I'll wear my vinyl gloves, and wash them still on my hands, or spray with the sanitizer I made. Then I'll take them off. I'm having to get used to taking them out with me. At the moment they're one more thing to forget!

Linda M. Conley said...

Beautiful!! Spring hasn't quite reached us here in Western NY (and that's ok, smiles). Stay safe and healthy my friend.

P.S. OH! Found out that Wegmans is delivering now because of the virus...I haven't quite figured out how too, but I will, smiles.

JFM said...

Beautiful photos and surreal.
You are doing everything right.
Wishing you the very best 🌷

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Thank goodness Spring arrived just when we most needed it. We don't have much of anything blooming yet but the grass is greening up and buds are on the trees. It's much the same here with empty roads wherever you go. i've not been out but they show pictures on the news. What a different world it is.

Louca por porcelana said...

How beautiful!Blessings.