Powered by Blogger.

Primrose Pink Saturday

This Pink Saturday is Primrose Celebration Day

We're raising a toast to the bright and cheery primrose. One of the earliest perennials to bloom it's a sure sign of spring. Even though one month of winter is gone -- hip hip hooray! -- signs of spring are still a good six weeks away. Since I won't see any primrose growing outside for awhile I went with an alternate plan and found this group on one of my grocery shopping expeditions. With the help of the waterlogue app I turned my photograph into a watercolor. Is anyone else starting to get spring fever?

Happy February, blog buddies! The month started with a great lunch with friends -- home cooked corned beef and homemade rye bread -- lots of walking and a Valentine surprise package. Though No-Spending January has ended I'm still being very thoughtful about buying things. I don't know if the changes I made in January are permanent, but I'm not rushing out to buy anything. I'll be back tomorrow with a longer post about my thoughts on Np-Spending January 2020.

As ever, thanks for visiting. Every wish for a happy month.

8 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

This editing app is so cool!! I have seen quite a few Primroses growing here and there, but have never seen any in a store.

TARYTERRE said...

I haven't seen any primroses here. The picture you have of them is lovely. It brought spring into my house. It's closer than we think.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It's great to see those cheerful; primroses and now that Phil has said it will be an early spring this year, Im even more eager to see some signs of its presence. More than not it will be in the store here too, before it's actually outside.

Chatty Crone said...

The Primrose looks pretty. Also keep up the good work with the budgeting!

Linda said...

I loved your no spend January....I am trying to be frugal all winter and get my budget padding back in place.

Deb J. in Utah said...

Hi - so glad your February is off to a good start. I love that picture of the Primrose. The Watercolor app is great. See you again soon!

Louca por porcelana said...

Great picture!Happy Pink Saturday!

Theresa said...

OH SO beautiful! Spring will be here before we know it! We just have to hang in there a little while longer:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!