Powered by Blogger.

(Daylight and) Moonlight in Vermont

One of the coziest places ever, a seat by the fireplace at the Morristown VT Centennial Library

Even though I spent the first twenty-two winters of my life in New England, I am not a fan of winter weather. I generally look for warmer climates for winter getaways. My memory of the last time I went north after New Year's Day was a trip to visit my cousins in Rhode Island approximately ten years ago and before that, I believe, was sometime in the last century. But I pushed past my feelings about weather and went to visit my dear friend, K, in Vermont this week. This morning was ten degrees, but otherwise the weather was cold, but not unbearable and it was absolutely beautiful. My biggest concern is always ice and sleet, but we saw fresh, powdery snow every day instead. 

  Great days for the plow people

 Beautiful Stowe at night

We had a wonderfully relaxed visit. Two of the evenings we spent in beautiful Stowe. Every view of downtown Stowe looks like a scene from a Hallmark movie. The air was crisp and the lights were bright and a big, bright moon shone over Vermont.

Moonlight in Vermont

Shaw's General Store, still wearing Christmas finery. 

It was a too-quick visit and now I'm home in a too-quiet apartment. I'm happy to be home, but I miss my Vermont friends. Thanks, K and J, for long talks, great meals -- the most memorable banana pudding at Plate in Stowe -- and laughter and movie time. I can't think of a better way to begin 2020. 

A perfect way to serve this completely delicious banana pudding

Tomorrow I'm completely back to real life in New York City. I'm catching up with the gym, the post office, grocery shopping and Weight Watchers. I'll also be doing a blog post looking back at the first third of No-Spending January. How was your week?

As ever, thanks for visiting and keep cozy! 

13 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

Oh my goodness, this is a gorgeous place! It is all like the perfect little town from a storybook. I bet it looks magnificent in the fall, too. I have always wanted to visit Vermont and Maine.

Shortbread and Ginger said...

Love your snowy night photo. The general store looks so inviting!

TARYTERRE said...

looks like a delightful visit to vermont. the photos are awesome. especially the storefront to shaw's. looks like the front of a greeting card. glad you had a wonderful time visiting your friend. take care.

R's Rue said...

Beautiful photos. That banana pudding. Yum.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Those are such lovely, Hallmark type pictures and it sounds like you had a delightful visit. I love Vermont in the summer and once considered moving there. However, having snowfall in fall, winter and spring was just too much for me.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I'm one that prefers a trip to southern climes. I've so enjoyed feeling warmer without any ice and snow, but you pictures re lovely and truly it's always a good time with friends.

Susie said...

Carol, I used to work with a young lady that would sing"Moonlight In Vermont" while working. I love the pictures you have posted. Oh that pudding looks tasty. I do not eat it but my Ted absolutely would love seeing a jar of pudding. :) Stay warm, Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Chatty Crone said...

Gorgeous, beautiful, awesome. This is silly, but I love Hallmark Shows - and that is a scene from them - no actually better. ♥

Gloria said...

Oh my, such a beautiful place to visit.
I love the chair by the fireplace... makes me want to
curl up right there with a good book and some hot chocolate.
Thanks for sharing all of these lovely pictures.

Visits With Mary said...

Enjoyed all the pictures, Vermont must be beautiful. I love the snow, of course I don't have snow where I live. Living in it and loving it from a distance are two separate things!!

Mevely317 said...

Holy-moley … now I've got another item for my bucket list! I was going to say, "Hallmark movie", but you beat me to it. How'd you like to coordinate a blogger's get-away next Winter? Even if it means flying, I'm in!

LC said...

Like Mary, my experience with snow has been mostly via movies and Christmas cards. Being actually in the the snow involved a few ski trips and winter trips to Yosemite and the Great Smoky Mountains National Park. Best wishes in your reentry to home.

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

We have been to Stowe, VT, a couple of times but never after a snowfall and during holiday time. It all did truly look like a Hallmark movie setting and Shaw's is a wonderful place to explore. Now, you have me thinking that we need to plan another visit there and it would be nice to have some snow as well. And, of course, we will have to try that banana pudding at Plate!