Powered by Blogger.

Good News on the Homefront

Trick or treat!

I returned home from Maine, the site of my autumn adventure, on Sunday to find my building's lobby decorated for Halloween, which was definitely a treat. The other treat warmed not only my heart, but made my apartment cozy. We're  making headway on our gas line issues. While I was in Maine the gas service for the building's boiler was restored and it returned to normal operations. That was a wonderful welcome home present.

I'm still cooking with my array of home appliances, but there's been progress in the restoration of gas service for cooking. I may be overly optimistic, but I believe that I may be baking by Christmas. Of course, paperwork moves slowly, but I'm going to hope that the aroma of baking cookies will be my treat for January, 2020.

 My autumn adventure was my college class mini-reunion in Portland, Maine. Thanks to classmates that live in the area, we were treated to a fabulous weekend. I'm going to do a separate post, but wanted to share one of my favorite pictures of the Damariscotta River, about an hour north of Portland. One of our activities was a boat ride on the river and the opportunity to learn about oyster farming there. It was fascinating and the scenery was spectacular. It was a crisp and sunny New England morning and I loved settling in with a cozy throw and a cup of great coffee and enjoying the views.

     Blue skies smiling at me!

Back to my regularly scheduled programming in Manhattan. Lots of walking, Yoga and water aerobics. We've got a new teacher, so alas no aqua kickboxing this week. I do want to see if I can locate classes at another Y in Manhattan, but I'm giving myself a week or two just to get back into my regular routine. I love going away, but when I get back I need a week to become reaccustomed to my usual life. Do you need time to get back on track or do you hit the ground running after being away?

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care and have a great Sunday! 

12 comments

Ginny Hartzler said...

Beautiful blues in your river picture! What fun that must have been! Wonderful that the boiler has been fixed!

Karen said...

I enjoyed visiting your blog this morning. Have a great day.

Susie said...

That is such good news about the heat being on again...especially with the cold coming. Baking cookies sounds so good. I loved the beautiful picture of your trip. I went to Portland on one of our trips. Beautiful city. I like to rest a bit after traveling before getting back to normal. It's been a long time since I have traveled though. Blessings to you, stay safe, xoxo, Susie

Theresa said...

Well welcome home and I can almost smell those cookies baking:) Beautiful picture with those blue skies, I know you had a great time. Enjoy your Sunday dear friend, HUGS!

Laurel Wood said...

I would have loved this trip. Beautiful photo. I also adore the Halloween decor in your lobby! How fun to enjoy a mini reunion. I hope all goes well and you are baking cookies soon! xoxo

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

So glad the gas service is on it's way to be restored. It would be nice to use your oven for Christmas ! Cute decorations in your foyer there. Seems like everyone decorates for Halloween these days.

Hootin Anni said...

Thanks for visiting with me and taking time to leave a comment. With your photos it looks like a beautiful, relaxing adventure. And yes, the aroma of cookies baking in the oven sounds wonderful.

Chatty Crone said...

OH my goodness that water just looks so beautiful - I wish I could see that some day - I am jealous in a nice way.sandie

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

So glad you have your heat restored and hopefully your kitchen will be done soon too!

Melinda said...

Sounds like you had a fun time in Maine.
Hope your home issues ease soon.
Love the fireplace décor.

M : )

Pam said...

Glad you have heat now. Snow flurries here this morning in Chicago area, but that pic in sunny New England makes up for it. Beautiful! Have a good rest of the week!

Lonni said...

So glad your heat has been restored!
Looks like the mini reunion was a lot of fun! I love that you all have these mini reunions!!