Powered by Blogger.

Buttercup, Aqua Kickboxer

Not my locker, but it's an inspiration for exercise time.

I'm going to share a secret. Obviously sharing a secret on social media is virtually telling the universe, but I'm happy to share with hundreds of my closest blog friends. I've wanted to take up
Kickboxing. Yes, the sweet and sedate Buttercup has a kickboxing fantasy. For practical reasons, kickboxing, a combination of karate mixed with boxing is not the best exercise choice for me. I'm not quick and I worry about falling and adding another broken bone to my catalogue of broken bones. I just look longingly at the notices at the Y for kickboxing and continue with Yoga and swimming.

But yesterday, my fantasy came true and I loved it. As part of my water aerobics for seniors with arthritis our new instructor introduced aqua kickboxing to our curriculum, and it was more fun than I had imagined. I didn't have to worry about falling and I could go at my own pace. The time flew by as I jabbed left and right and upper cut in the pool. When our class was over I was surprised how quickly the time had flown. It's not part of the regular water aerobics classes at our Y, but I'm going to search for it at the other Manhattan Y branches. It's not often that a dream comes true and surpasses the fantasy. Just call me, Buttercup, Aqua Kickboxer.

The gym locker, pictured above,  belongs to my friend, Susan. I am in awe of her organizational skills and storage ideas for a teeny-tiny locker. She's used easy and inexpensive gadgets to keep everything organized. I've been carting my things back and forth, but seeing how neat Susan's locker looks I may be signing up for one, too.

Autumn has finally arrived in New York City and I've happily made the transition to long sleeves, fresh apples and a jacket. No complaints from me. I'm enjoying the crispness in the air and the busier fall schedule. Have you found your schedules getting busier?

As ever, thanks for visiting and happy fall wishes!

14 comments

Chatty Crone said...

Buttercup, Aqua Kickboxer cute! You go get them. I think that is awesome.

Laurel Wood said...

I had no idea kickboxing was a dream of yours! So happy you had the chance to try it and enjoyed it so much. I do hope you can find it offered at another gym close to you. Your friend did an awesome job organizing such a small locker. Keep us posted!

Ginny Hartzler said...

Aqua kickboxing sounds awesome! All of the fun and none of the risks! And the locker looks amazing, Susan is an organizing genius.

Linda @ Life and Linda said...

Sounds amazing. I say, go for it. I hope you are enjoying your aqua dash.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Good for you, Carol; you have my admiration.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Kickboxing DOES sound like fun. I get a little sore any time I do something out of the ordinary though so I would wonder how my legs would like that...or my arms! lol And yes, I haven't gotten super busy lately but I love it!

Lynda said...

I am excited for you and also a bit jealous, too. I used to LOVE water aerobics at our Y but my skin is super sensitive and did Not like the chlorine water at the pool so I had to give it up. Until that point, I was impressed with how much I could do in the water. I did both the shallow end exercise and the deep water aerobics. I was in my fifties and was able to out swim many of the younger ones which was surprising to me. It is/was so much fun. Very happy for you that they offered this. Hope you can find another that does it all the time.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I applaud your efforts in getting exercise. We had free water exercising class here this summer and I didn't take advantage of them at all. Water exercising is so much easier on us they say. Good for you and hope you can get on with what you love to do. Our pool here closed on Labor Day, but I'm hoping to do better neet year. It's been very cool here and everyone is enjoying it. I hope to get out more and ride my bike. It had been too hot to do so, but now it's perfect weather. No excuses.

TARYTERRE said...

Buttercup, Aqua Kickboxer sounds impressive, indeed. enjoy. happy autumn.

Theresa said...

Great exercise! I admire you for trying new things! Have a blessed FALL Day dear friend, HUGS!

NanaDiana said...

Good for you for being able to achieve something you thought you could only fantasize about. How fantastic is that!?!!!! I hope you can find more classes like that. Maybe with a little encouragement they might make it part of a regular water aerobics exercises. Sure wouldn't hurt to suggest it!

Her locker does look really neat and organized.

Hope you have a wonderful night- xo Diana

Xanadu said...

Yay Buttercu, what a gal! Good to see you still blogging. :)
Hugs,
X

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Hi Carol!
I've been keeping up with you on fb and Instagram but I knew i way overdue for a visit on your blog. My oldest grandson took up kickboxing this year--what fun, and such a vigorous sport! You will enjoy it!

I loved your post about the changing skyline. I know every time I visit Brooklyn and Manhattan there is something new to see.

Carrie @ Cottage Cozy said...

You go girl!