Powered by Blogger.

My Pink Saturday Shopping Trip

This may be my motto for 2019
 
Now that I'm getting around more I'm able to visit some of my favorite shopping stops in the neighborhood. I don't do much actual shopping -- still in a decluttering mode -- but I do enjoy looking and taking pictures. I have a couple of pieces of kitchen ware that are cracked and I've started scouting for replacements. I haven't found quite what I want, so I've been doing quick drop-ins at HomeGoods, where I took the pictures I'm posting today. 
 
My visits always include a stop in the housewares department where I peruse pieces from the Rae Dunn Collections. I just discovered them in the last few months and I've gotten very fond of the look. I did a little research tonight and discovered that Rae Dunn also has a collection on Etsy, which is hand done and fabulous. I've become a browser in the sale section and found a cute bowl after Christmas. I discovered the piece below and since I don't use butter very often and have no place to put it, I restrained myself from buying. You can imagine my great temptation.

   I stopped myself once, but don't know if I can stop myself twice. 

There's also a line of desk products, which is another great temptation.

On a different note, I'm posting a link to Lavender Dreams New Blog. Over the last ten years of blogging I've had the good fortune to become part of a group of blog friends. One of these terrific women is Lavender Dreams. I enjoy her good sense and kind heart, book reviews and beautiful photographs of nature. I received an email this morning that Blogger had shut down her blog for phishing. I can't imagine what was triggered and feel so sad about the loss of years of this terrific blog. The link above is to the New Lavender Dreams. If you've been missing our friend, or if you just want to stop by and say hello, I know it would be appreciated.

I know I'm not quite my most energetic and I keep reminding myself that it's not even two months post-surgery. Today's activity was a long awaited pedicure and I got to share the fun afternoon with my college friend, Jane. Definitely enjoyed our pedicure and lunch at the local diner. I'm sure as the weeks go by I will get my energy back.

 Once again, I'm joining my blog buddies at Pink Saturday for blog fun. Do you have any fun plans for this week? I've got some reading fun to share in the next week. Please stop by!

As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great week!

8 comments

Theresa said...

You get right over there and buy that buttercup piece, you hear me:) I can't believe that a blog can just be gone. I am coming up on my 10 year bloggerversary and I can't imagine it just going away:( Have a blessed and beautiful day dear friend, HUGS!

Kerin said...

I agree with Theresa...go buy that darling Buttercup piece of Rae Dunn ware!!
If it makes your heart smile, that is all the justification that you need :)

We are downsizing and decluttering around here as well, however, we still enjoy 'window shopping'.

Smiles :)
~K.

TARYTERRE said...

love that buttercup dish. don't resist buy it.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Measure your life in love....I sure feel that way today with all the encouraging words about my blog Lavender Dreams. I hope and pray they restore it but I've sure had lots of support from my friends...like YOU! And oh my...you NEED that buttercup piece! It's just too perfect! Thanks again! Sweet hugs, Diane

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love shopping at home goods. One of my favorite places for sure ! Slowly but surely Spring will come and with that renewed energy too. These winter days are not easy for lots of us, but especially hard for you recovering. Take care and take it slow...you'll soon get there !

Mevely317 said...

I agree with Diane and Terre … you need that butter dish. Is there, perhaps, another way you might repurpose it? I'll definitely be checking out Rae Dunn. Isn't Etsy such fun?

It's me said...

Owww i love them too....buy it !!....💕 love from Ria x 💕

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I LOVE shopping at Home Goods so I try to stay away. I am also decluttering and I know that will all be for naught if I pass through their doors. You were very good in resisting the butter dish, but if you happen to see it again, get it. It was meant for you.