Powered by Blogger.

Happy Valentine's Day!


Sweet Greetings from New York/Buttercupland
 
For most people Valentine's Day is winding down, but here in Buttercupland I'm still enjoying the sweet feelings of the day. Valentines 2019 included texts, cards, a fun exchange from a group I belong to on Facebook and a rose from a Weight Watcher friend. 
 
I thought the excitement of the day was over by dinner, but my mail included a package from my friend Nellie, of  Berries and More. Once again I've been blessed to have "blog friends" become friends. I had the wonderful opportunity to meet Nellie when I visited Tennessee in October and we've kept in touch since then. I had been thinking I'd put my coat on and go out and get candy -- a bad idea for so many reasons -- when I went downstairs to get my mail. I knew having a bag of candy would be like having krypton in the house and then the perfect amount of chocolate arrived in the mail, with my name on it. Yummy, delicious and thoughtful! Thanks, Nellie, and friends throughout the world who made this a very sweet day. 
 
Tuesday's snow is gone and I've spent the last few days enjoying my routines. I've walked throughout my neighborhood and enjoyed seeing Weight Watcher buddies, having coffee and going to the library. I know there's a month (or so) more of winter, but as the days get longer, I'm happy that the longest and darkest days of the winter are behind.     
 
I hope everyone had as sweet a day as I did and has a great weekend. As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.

7 comments

Joy said...

Sounds like a nice Valentines Day! Just hopping in from another blog.
I love to read too and work at my local library. :)

TARYTERRE said...

happy valentines day.

Theresa said...

Sweet treats for Valentine's Day... just enough to satisfy your sweet tooth:) Have a blessed day dear friend, HUGS!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Chocolate is the best gift on Valentine’s Day. Enjoy every bite .

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Glad you had a happy Valentines day! Yay! the days are getting longer minute by minute! We got a tease of warmer weather yesterday, today it's getting colder again. I'm thinking Spring here and keeping warm.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What a sweet gift...and just in time! Enjoy your day and the weekend ahead! I wonder what you're reading right now! Hugs!

Susie said...

Carol, You are so right...making friends thru blogging is so fun. Nellie is a sweet person. I have always loved visiting her blog. I have always thought a chocolate truck should drive thru our neighborhoods like the ice cream trucks. My daughters say I would be chasing it like a dog. LOL. Blessings to you, hope you have a great weekend, be safe. xoxo, Susie