Powered by Blogger.

Hello, 2019

It's bye-bye 2018 and hello to 2019
 
Dear 2018,
You've been a full year. I celebrated my 50th high school reunion and saved the dates for my 50th college reunions. I visited Australia last January and completed my goal of visiting all seven continents. I walked over 1,000 miles, lifted over 300,000 pounds and became a Lifetime member of Weight Watchers. I enjoyed great theater -- My Fair Lady, To Kill a Mockingbird and Ferryman. I celebrated Passover, Rosh Hashanah, Thanksgiving, Chanukah and Christmas with friends of long-standing. I met blog buddies in Australia and England and they are now in-real-life friends.
 
Regrets? I've got a few. I hoped to read more, but am grateful for the books I did read. Heartland and Educated stand out. I hoped to blog more, but I'm happy to have kept blogging through the year. I could have eaten more vegetables, attended more Yoga classes and decluttered more thoroughly.
 
So here are my goals: Read more, write more, eat more vegetables, go to Yoga and declutter.    
 
No Times Square for this New Yorker. In a little while I'm joining friends for a quiet evening of Chinese food and television. Tomorrow I begin to carry out my goals. I'm planning a big salad, reading and a blog post about my "word" for 2019. I hope you will stop by and say hello. 
 
Wishes to all of Buttercupland for a happy, healthy
and peaceful new year.

6 comments

Theresa said...

I saw the crowd up there and I don't blame you for skipping it:) We stayed in too! I will be making a list of things to accomplish in 2019, de-cluttering is a big one for me. Have a blessed day and a Happy and healthy New Year!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Wishing you a very happy 2019. It will be a good one !

Mevely317 said...

Chinese food and good conversation sound like a winning combination! I can't imagine how your 2018 can be beat. Still, I'm gratified you were able to Live Large.

Curtains in My Tree said...


Hello Happy New Year 2019

I'm with you on all the above
I have 3 books started
I am walking everyday and going to eat more vegs

Susie said...

Carol, You certainly had a full year. I am so amazed at your walking. You are a go getter and truly enjoy your big city's offerings. Blessings for a fun and loved filled new year. xoxo,love, Susie

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Happy New Year!