Powered by Blogger.

Celebrating National Coffee Day

A perfect cappuccino and a delicious slice of St. Clements' Cake for a tribute to coffee
 
Alas, this beautiful cappuccino is now only memory, but it was one of the great coffee memories of 2018. Every day is National Coffee Day for me, though in some cases I had the good fortune to celebrate International Coffee Days during my visits to Australia -- one of the great places to drink coffee -- and England. During my visit to the Ashmolean Museum in Oxford I had an afternoon café stop and treated myself to beautiful and delicious coffee. I also sampled St. Clements' Cake, a delicious pound cake with citrus accents. The cake takes its name from an English children's singing game about the bells of London, "Oranges and lemons say the bells of St. Clements'."
 
As long as we're visiting the Ashmolean, Oxford University's Museum of Art and Archaeology, I'd like to share a few favorite pictures from my visit. The collections were fascinating, I enjoyed the cafe and I was intrigued by the architecture. The Ashmolean dates from the seventeenth century and was the first university museum. The present building was completed in 1845.
 
  I loved the classical details in the entrance.
 
I took a rest between galleries and did some people and statue watching.
 
Did anyone else celebrate National Coffee Day? If you did, was your choice iced coffee or hot coffee? For today's celebration I chose an iced cold brew and thoroughly enjoyed it. 
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great rest of the weekend. 
 


5 comments

Karen said...

I like hot coffee the first thing in the morning. Your museum photos are beautiful. Hope you are having a lovely weekend.

Mimi said...

Good to read this as I'm having my umpteenth cup of coffee this morning!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

It was a chilly day here so I choose to celebrate the day with hot pumpkin spice coffee. It hit the spot! Like you every is a good day for coffee for me!

Theresa said...

I celebrate National Coffee day every day but mine is more simple yet still tasty. Enjoy your day dear friend. Hugs

cocoya said...


Hi there! I just wanted to ask if you ever have any issues with hackers? My last blog (wordpress) was hacked and I ended up losing months of hard work due to no backup. Do you have any methods to stop hackers?
slot online