Powered by Blogger.

BlogHer18

BlogHer18 began with a walk in Lower Manhattan
 
It continued for two very busy days filled with speakers, sessions on social media management and some of the yummiest food I've had in ages. I met a number of friendly and interesting people and once again, I got my (slightly waning) blogging inspiration back. This is the seventh BlogHer I've attended and I'm reinspired -- again -- and eager to spend more time in Buttercupland.  The highpoint of the conference was an interview with Gabrielle Union, which was thoughtful, interesting and lively. 
 
I was also inspired to start posting again in Coffee Light and Mysteries (Mostly) Noir, my somewhat neglected mystery novel blog. I plan to post there weekly and share the link here in Buttercupland. This week's featured mystery novel is The Big Empty, which takes place in Alaska, featuring Chukchi, Alaska police chief, Nathan Active.  
 
Previews of coming Buttercupland attractions include a giveaway -- tomorrow! -- a book review, non-fiction and fascinating and a belated birthday salute to a very favorite fictional character. I think we're going to have lots of fun and I hope you will visit often.
 
As ever, thanks so much for visiting and wishes for a fabulous Friday and a great weekend. Keep cool!

 

7 comments

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

It sounds like you had a good time and lit a fire in you again to continue writing. Good for you. We all need to have that every now and then.

Chatty Crone said...

I didn't hear of it happening - but glad you want - what a beautiful place to have it. sandie

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Always nice to be inspired. Happy Friday !

Kerin said...

How fun!
Glad you were inspired and had a nice time.

Have a great weekend.
~K.

Julie's Creative Lifestyle said...

It sounds like you had fun and enjoyed blogher. I love that photo of the ladies and the buildings. Have a nice day and weekend.
Julie

Mevely317 said...

Great photo, Carol … I can practically feel the energy! Now that I've no pressing plans (ahem, WORK), I'm going to see if BlogHer 2019 isn't somewhere do-able.

Susie said...

Carol, I love the picture. It would be such fun to attend this event. Hope you enjoyed it all. Blessings, xoxo, Susie