Powered by Blogger.

The Walker Formerly Known as Purple Sneakers...

...is now Red Sneakers!
 
I started tracking my walking a little over two years ago. It was just about that time when I realized I loathed walking on the treadmill and committed to walking outdoors. At that time I had a pair of purple sneakers and that became my name on the Weight Watchers Connect site. I found I really liked walking and tracking my miles. Before I knew it 2017 was beginning and I challenged myself to walking 1,000 miles in one year.   
 
I started the project wearing my beloved purple sneakers and last summer unofficially became Blue Sneakers. I had worn out my purple ones. During the trip last weekend to Atlantic City one of my goals was to visit the shoe outlets and buy a new pair of sneakers. I bought two pairs from the marked down rack against the wall. If you're an outlet shopper you are familiar with the section against the wall. They are the shoes that are mismatched, several seasons old and generally beyond sale. Not this time. My friend, Jane, did an extraordinary job of searching the racks and found not one -- but two pairs -- of great sneakers at amazing prices. 
 
I bought a more sensible pair of black sneakers and the beauties shown above. The color is bright, but it feels as though I'm walking on air. This season's color for this style is a beautiful purple, but they were twice the price, even at the outlet with an additional 20% discount. I also fell in love with the Velcro that holds them in place. Somehow my sneakers are always coming untied and this will prevent my concerns about falling on a shoelace. 
 
I've continued doing a journey of 1,000 miles this year, too. I ended June, my best month thus far, with 112 miles and have walked 561.5 miles for the first half of 2018. I've got some very minor foot surgery coming up next month which may derail me for a few weeks, but I'm on track to walk 1,000 miles once again.
 
It was a not-so balmy 95 degrees today and the forecast for tomorrow is 100. I'm drinking water, taking it easy and enjoying the pleasures of air conditioning. I'm profoundly grateful for the latter.
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and keep cool!
 
   

8 comments

Lynda said...

What kind/brand sneakers are those? They are very comfortable-looking!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Those sneakers are wonderful. I love them! It looks like you just might reach your goal, but if not, be proud of yourself. Walking 561 miles this year is quite a feat in itself.

Stay home the next few days It is supposed to be brutal out there.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love those new sneakers. Never seen any like it but they do look perfect for summer ! Glad your choice right now is keeping cool. Not a time to be out walking.

Mevely317 said...

I've never seen anything like this … but I love them already! Glad to see FUN return to functional!

Melinda said...

Great job on the walking!
These are interesting shoes, I have not seen
these before.

M : )

Theresa said...

Gotta love a comfortable and cute pair of shoes:) Have a great day dear friend, HUGS!

Little Wandering Wren said...

Woohoo they are fantastic sneakers, I'm sure you will have achieved your 1,000 miles well before the end of the year! Good luck!
Wren x

Chatty Crone said...

I am so proud of you. Good luck on your foot surgery.