Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Goes to Bondi Beach


This is good advice every week, but especially at the end of this week.
This mural by the wonderful Amy Peel is part of the Bondi Beach Graffiti Wall


The weather outside is frightful and my fantasy that I wouldn't see snow again this winter has now joined fantasies past, gone in a drift of snowflakes. Since I'm in no mood for hats, boots and scarves I'm proposing a Pink Saturday  getaway to perhaps the most famous beach in Australia, Bondi Beach. Bondi Beach -- from the aboriginal word for water breaking over rocks -- is in a suburb of Sydney and only four miles from the center of Sydney.    
 
The day that our group visited was rainy and overcast, but the sky and beach were lovely. It was only 9:00 in the morning so it was still quite empty.  

There was no activity in the water when I was there, but cloudy skies didn't deter these two surfers from coming to the beach.


One of my favorite parts of my visit was seeing the Bondi Beach Graffiti Wall. The art is constantly changing and I would love to be able to return to see the next set of murals. I took a lot of pictures here, so expect that a few more of my favorites will be featured.
 
Hello, Sun! Can't wait to see you again.
 
 
I hope you're still enjoying our visits to Australia. I have several more ideas for posts that I hope to do during February. Life in most aspects is returning to real life with walking, the gym, laundry, cooking and the Olympics. Alas, sleeping is not quite where it should be, but I'm optimistic I will turn a corner this week.
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and have a great weekend! 
 


4 comments

paintedlady89 said...

This mural really drew me in. It's the duty of everyone at this time to be kind. It reminds me when I arrive in Downtown Tucson, they also have a mural that says "Be Kind" For all to bee kind a dream of mine during these troubled timesand that all people possess a kind and radiant heart.
Happy Pink Saturday

Susie said...

Buttercup, I loved the murals. So sweet. Those kids going surfing...oh sweet youth..I would to borrow a cup of that energy today. Hope you are stay warm there in the big city. Blessings to you,xoxo, Susie

Chatty Crone said...

I am enjoying the trip to Australia - I'll never get there on my own.It must be summer and warm too!

Annesphamily said...

It is delightful seeing your trip photos and stories here. All the colorful shares made me smile. I am way behind with catching up on the blogs. I will love seeing the stories and photos here. Our middle daughter has always had a dream of going to the Great Barrier Reef. This Spring she and her new hubby will visit Hawaii and enjoy a delayed honeymoon. She traveled to Ireland last Spring and I am hopeful we can travel there with her and our hubby's too. For now I will be content having a lunch date with some Colorado bloggers in the next several weeks. The wedding in December and now our new grandbaby has filled in so many months of our time. We are taking a small getaway this weekend, nothing like some mountain air and mineral springs to clear the mind and body.
Have a wonderful week Carol.