Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday Visits the Blue Box Cafe


At the corner of West 57th Street and Fifth Avenue, Tiffany's

Those of us who are fans of Audrey Hepburn and Breakfast at Tiffany's greeted the news of the opening of the Blue Box Café with both jubilation and a sigh. Thank you, Tiffany's, it's about time. It is now possible for fans of Tiffany's signature pretty blue box to have lunch and dinner at the store and the restaurant looks as stylish and lovely as you might imagine.  

I was walking in the neighborhood yesterday and thought -- perhaps foolishly -- it might be possible to stop by for an elegant cup of coffee. Alas, this sign set me straight and realized, at least until after New Year's, it was reservations only. I think on a cold and snowy weekday morning in January it might be possible to have breakfast at Tiffany's on the spur of the moment. I do think of the Blue Box Café as a place for a treat -- perhaps a birthday celebration or a visit from a visiting blogger. 
 



The store was crowded, not surprising for Black Friday, but I did get a picture of one of the elegant windows on West Fifty Seventh Street. 

 

Though this picture isn't from Tiffany's I am posting it as a preview of coming attractions. It's from Tiffany's neighbor up Fifth Avenue, the very elegant Bergdorf Goodwin. I will be doing a post featuring the beautiful windows of Bergdorf's in the next week.

I hope you're having a fun Pink Saturday.  I'm taking it easy today. I've got the start of a sore throat and I'm drinking tea and trying to keep myself healthy. Thanksgiving was lovely. I enjoyed the balloons of the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade in the morning and a wonderful dinner in the afternoon. Feel very grateful and richly blessed.

I feel richly blessed, too, for everyone who visits Buttercupland. Thanks, all, for your friendship and have a wonderful weekend.


 

8 comments

TARYTERRE said...

A shame a trip to the Blue Box Café can only be made via a reservation. The decorated window is lovely though.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Hope you are feeling better, we saw the Macey's Thanksgiving parade on CNN and thought of you! Hope you get to have a stylish coffee at the Blue Box cafe soon!
Wren x

Chatty Crone said...

I don't think there would anything much more exciting than New York for Christmas with all the lights and windows. Guess what was on tv today?

Breakfast at Tiffany's!

Terra said...

Stay well dear Buttercup, and enjoy a meal at the Blue Box cafe soon. Have to plan ahead though, not quite as much fun to need a reservation.

Theresa said...

I drool when you post these pictures:) I wanna visit SO bad this Christmas! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!

Susie said...

Carol, I love seeing the pictures of your big city. Thank you so much. I would dearly love to have a lunch at the new café. What a fun thought. Hope you get there soon and take us all along with you. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

Curtains in My Tree said...


I love New York City and haven't been to the Blue Box restaurant YET !!!!!
Thanks for the pictures
There is sooo much to do in the city

Beverly said...

Happy Pink Saturday, Carol. Breakfast or lunch at Tiffany's would be a dream. Maybe one of these days. Thank you for joining us, and for always making Pink Saturday special.

This post is being featured on my Pink Saturday this week as "the one with the most clicks".♥