Powered by Blogger.

Tonight My Heart is in Barcelona

 
The view of Barcelona from the art museum

I've tried to blog several times this week. I try to keep Buttercupland light and fun and every time I got ready to organize my photographs or sit down at the computer, something happened that was far from light and fun. I was all set this afternoon for a fun post of sights on the streets of New York, when I saw an alert on my phone. Barcelona...and I was glued to the television for hours.

Barcelona is one of the cities of my heart. I've only made one trip there, but I loved it and have been thinking of a return trip. I did several blog posts about my 2011 trip and chose this one to share tonight. My trip to the Mercat Santa Catarina (the fabulous retail food market of Barcelona)  evokes a peaceful day in Barcelona and my prayers are that day returns soon to Barcelona and to every other place sorely in need of peace and calm. 
 
Along the waterfront of Barcelona
 
The Cathedral of Barcelona

On a happier note...I've been remiss with announcing the winner of the giveaway for The Farmer's Market Cookbook. Joy Nissen, I'm happy to let you know that I'll be sending a copy of this terrific cookbook to you. Congratulations and happy cooking!

As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care!

9 comments

Laura said...

Barcelona is so nice I feel so bad for people there
It would be so nice to have a safe world again
Laura

Chatty Crone said...

I have to agree with you. I have such a heavy heart with all the meanness in the world everywhere it seems. So sad. I have never been there, but it looks beautiful. sandie

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

There is no place that is safe. My son and his wife got engaged there and loved it. He is again in Europe, and I have to admit that I am worried.

Theresa said...

My heart is there too:( HUGS and PRAYERS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I will add my prayers to yours. Seems like one hard day after another. I continue to look on the bright side. There is still a lot of good in the world if we look for it.

TARYTERRE said...

my prayers are with Barcelona as well. so sad what is happening in the world.

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

What wonderful photos of this lovely city...one I would love to visit! And congrats to your winner! Hugs, Diane

Melinda said...

I have never been here.
Looks lovely.

We are in such a sad state right now.
I don't like to watch the news anymore
due to all the problems going on.

wishing all of us peace, harmony and
trust!!

M : )

Dee said...

Dear Carol, thank you for the photos of a peaceful Barcelona. I've never been there, but I have known fear and death, and so my heart aches for the people there. Peace.