Powered by Blogger.

Her Secret


Fans of Amish novels, there is a new series in town, The Amish of Hart County.  Written by Shelley Shepard Gray, author of the Charmed Amish Life Series, Her Secret is the first book in the new series.

Her Secret introduces Hannah Hilty, a charming and engaging heroine. After a serious stalking incident Hannah and her family move to Hart County, Kentucky to begin a new life. There is suspense, there is romance and there are the novel is set against the rich fabric of details of Amish life.

As much as I enjoyed Hannah and the other characters, the pace moved slowly for me. I liked Her Steps, but it wasn't a favorite read. I do think that readers that enjoy Amish novels will still want to read it. It was worth reading, but not one of my favorites.

I've got most of my packing done and in a few hours I'm off to my mystery destination.

As ever, thanks for visiting and happy reading!

Please note: I was given a copy of this book from the Litfuse Publicity Group in an exchange for my thoughts. The opinions are all mine.

4 comments

Anonymous said...

Thanks for the review. I wish you safe travel. Hope to learn more from you soon! xo

TARYTERRE said...

Sounds like a nice impromptu trip. GODSPEED. Enjoy! The book sounds like just the thing to read on a trip during the off hours.

Melinda said...

Mystery destination----interesting!

See you soon at the blog challenge.

M : )

Theresa said...

Girl, I can't keep up with you:) Enjoy your next destination, I know you will! Enjoy your day dear friend, HUGS!