Powered by Blogger.

Breaking News: Buttercupland to Participate in the 2017 A to Z Blogging Challenge


This year is zipping by and it's almost time for the A to Z Blogging Challenge. The challenge -- blogging every day (except Sunday) with post titles in alphabetical order -- is one of my favorite blogging activities. It requires discipline and resourcefulness and it gets me to commit to posting almost every day, which is a very good thing.

Last year's theme was the very popular set of coffee posts and I thought about going with another year of food posts. Two years before I did a series of posts on Broadway. But I am going in a somewhat different direction. Inspired by a Facebook friend who is planning to make a first visit to  New York City in June, this year's A to Z theme will be...

 Welcome to New York City!
 
Some of the posts will be very specific to New York -- favorite sights, restaurants and some history -- and some of the posts will include general travel advice. I've been asked a lot of questions about New York and I'm planning to put together a guide that will be useful for many people who will be visiting my favorite city. My first post will be on April 1 and I hope you will join the fun. 
 
It's been a quiet end-of-the-winter week. I've finished my first week of physical therapy with my two terrific therapists. I've also gotten back to my walking, not quite at the level I was at before my shoulder injury but I will be on track to walk a thousand miles before the end of 2017.
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care!  
 
 

8 comments

Anonymous said...

The A-Z Challenge sounds fun! So glad that you like your therapists and that you are back to walking some. Wishing you a blessed weekend.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I will enjoy seeing your posts. Living where you do gives you the perfect chance to give others a guide to NYC. Glad you are back to walking just in time to take some wonderful pictures for us to enjoy!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Great theme! Looking forward to seeing more of New York City :)

Lonni said...

This will be so much fun! Looking forward to reading!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

I love reading about New York.

Susie said...

Carol, I am admiring you. I wish with all my heart I could walk along you for that thousand miles...Now you make me want to at least walk. Some times after long walks my ankles just kill me...but you know we have to keep moving or we stiffen. Blessings to you this Sunday . xoxo, Susie

Janet said...

Another good one to look forward to! I'm on the other side of the country so seeing New York will be fun!

Me in March

Arlee Bird said...

My A to Z series on Manhattan in 2016 was probably my favorite Challenge theme so far. I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with this. There is so much to write about.

Have a great April!


Arlee Bird
Tossing It Out