Powered by Blogger.

Sea Days, Glorious Sea Days



This is my view, looking out into the South Atlantic. We left Buenos Aires last night and are heading south to our first stop in Patagonia. This is the most Southern part of South America and our only stop before we come to Cape Horn and then Antarctica. The deck is closed because it's very windy. As tempted as I am to walk on the track I'm being prudent and following directions. It's not rocky, but I can definitely feel the ship moving.

 I boarded yesterday afternoon and the highlight of the day -- besides exploring the ship -- was a Super Bowl party in the theater. Enjoyed seeing the game on the big screen. There were traditional snacks -- sliders, wings and chips -- cupcakes and cakes for each team. I'd hoped to post the cake for my Atlanta Falcons, but instead here is the Patriots cake. 
  
This was our view as the ship left Buenos Aires. I had an uneventful flight -- hurray! -- and enjoyed watching "Brigid Jones Baby." Very cute movie, especially if you're a Colin Firth fan. I spent Saturday in Buenos Aires catching up with a friend that moved there five years ago. What a treat! 

Thanks for joining me on my Antarctica adventure. As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care.


8 comments

Anonymous said...

Beautiful pictures, Carol. So happy you are enjoying yourself. At least the ball game was fun to watch, despite Atlanta's loss! Take care and have fun. xo

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

I'm excited to follow this adventure with you! Antartica! Wow!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Patagonia is supposed to be breathtaking to see with high mounatins and glaciers

I love how you are posting photos from your cruise, Carol. I was too cheap to pay my phone company for service beyond airplane mode and I did not buy wifi on the ship as both services were too much $$$$. You must have a better plan than I do with T Mobile...lol

Enjoy it all!

Anonymous said...

Looks like a lot of fun! Have a safe trip. I look forward to your adventures!

TARYTERRE said...

You have a great view even if the deck is off limits because of the wind. The Super Bowl party looks like fun. So exciting you'll be going to Antartica.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

What a great adventure you are having ! This is definitely a part of the world I've never seen!

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Wow, this is so much more than an average vacation.

Little Wandering Wren said...

Wow- we! I can't wait to be an armchair passenger on this trip - it's on my bucket list. Have fun and hope to see your powering round the decks soon!
Wren x