Powered by Blogger.

Saks Fifth Avenue Pink Saturday


There's nothing like jumbo bright candy to catch my eye at the doorway of Saks Fifth Avenue  

I've got a long list of places I'd like to visit in the next month and I started yesterday with a walk down Fifth Avenue. I walked from 59th Street to 30th Street and got to see almost all of the sights along the Avenue that I hoped to see. I do want to return to Saks Fifth Avenue for a few more pictures -- the lines to see the windows were a little overwhelming -- and I will stop by Rockefeller Center after the tree lighting to get the full effect of the decorations. But yesterday was a spectacular day to start my expeditions. It was sunny and warm (for November) and it seemed everyone who lived in New York and everyone who was visiting had the same idea that I had.


I decided to begin this year's holiday pictures with these windows at Saks -- because I couldn't think of a more perfect picture than the one above for Pink Saturday. These are the "fashion" windows, but they are pretty enough for holiday decorations.
 
This one featured red with candy décor, too. I love to look at the clothes, but even in my most fashionable days I don't think this would have been my look. Now my idea of dressing up is a tunic dress over my "good" leggings, and I go most places in my sneakers.
 
Visions of sugar plums and lollipops for the well-dressed New Yorker. 


This beautiful scene is part of the holiday display. The reflection in the background is Rockefeller Center.
 
Today was another perfect day for enjoying New York. I took a subway trip to Queens and made a few fun discoveries and had some very good coffee. I'm going to be doing a series of posts in the next month about visiting New York City at Christmas time and my journey today will be featured early next week.
 
Please stop by tomorrow for a visit to the New York Public Library, some book chat and a giveaway. 
 
As ever, thanks for visiting and wishes for a great rest of Thanksgiving weekend. Enjoy! 
 

 

9 comments

Paula said...

I've always wanted to peer into the windows of these stores. Thanks for the pictures. It would be wonderful to be able to stroll down Fifth Avenue.

Ruth said...

Beautiful photos. I am looking forward to traveling through Christmas New York with you.
Christmas greetings from germany

Ruth

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

Very pretty! When we visited NYC Christmas week several years ago (before I knew you) my favorite windows that year were at Tiffany's.

RachelD said...

How charming a glimpse of a world so far away from my own. I've never been a shopper, but WINDOWS, now---windows so artfully arranged and displayed---those are fleeting little works of art, shared with passersby til the next sale or the next trend.

And how big ARE that Cream-and-Sugar? Enormous versions of everyday things always add a whimsical note which touches a childhood chord, I think, and makes the whole thing magically appealing.

Lovely.

rachel

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Window shopping takes on a whole new meaning in your part of the world. Here it's difficult to find a store window like the ones we used to enjoy. Thanks always for sharing. I love seeing all the sights!

Melinda said...

Love holiday windows. Those that design and create those are
so clever.

Hope you are doing well.

M :)

Anne Payne said...

It must be spectacular to see these displays in person! I travel vicariously through my blogging friends. I've never been all that fashionable, either. Give me jeans, a t-shirt, and sneakers. :)

Susie said...

Buttercup, Once our small town actually had men's stores and dress shops...with windows to display all the nice things. We no longer have those...I miss window displays, so seeing those makes me smile. I am going to love your Christmas in NYC posts. Blessings, xoxo, Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

You see some amazing things living in the city! Enjoy your week sweet lady! Hugs, Diane