Powered by Blogger.

Pink Saturday on the Sidewalks of New York


Tonight's Pink Saturday post really features pink. Whether it's just a little pink -- the tie-dye shirt on the girl sitting by the fountain in the picture above -- or a lot of pink in the pictures below, it's an all Pink Saturday. On Friday I went across Central Park and visited the Metropolitan Museum of Art. I had a fabulous time at the Costume Institute exhibit, ManusxMachina. I took a lot of photographs and will definitely do a post about it later in the week.
 
My next pretty in pink discovery was this sweet scooter rider in front of the museum. 

But this person strolling down Madison Avenue really caught my eye. All dressed in pink, including the pink pith helmet. I've never seen a pastel pith helmet before and I can only wonder where does one go to buy one. 

I found these first roses of summer blooming in front of a Fifth Avenue apartment building. I'm dedicating them to those killed and injured in Orlando this morning.
 
 
My plan was to do this post in the morning and another post tonight, but I was glued to the news, not quite believing the sorrowful scenes I was seeing. I try to stay away from the tragic realities outside of Buttercupland, but some days those realities are too large a part of my life and our world to ignore. 
 
But in the midst of the sorrow and darkness, Claire Kathleen made her way into the world, granddaughter of my friend, K. Claire Kathleen, you are blessed with wonderful parents, a great big sister and so many people who love you! Wishing you a life of light, peace, health and happiness. 
 
Please stop back tomorrow for the post that didn't make it today. I'll be doing the first of two summer giveaways. This one is a summer vacation giveaway for moms and grandmas looking for fun summer ideas. 
 
As ever, thanks for visiting. Wishing us all love, light and peace.    

 


11 comments

Terra said...

I like all the pinks you found, the pink pith helmet is a puzzle. What an outfit!

shortybear said...

lovely

Mimi said...

Buttercupland is an oasis in the storm of current events. Thank you for providing a safe place to visit.

Anonymous said...

I enjoy your pink sightings. May you always be safe in Buttercupland!

Linda said...

I am so happy that Claire Kathleen came into this world...smiles

Barb said...

Hi Carol, i always like hearing what you're up to in the big city. Your pink finds always make me smile. Sometimes, the news seems to horrible to contemplate. My heart goes out to all those families who are grieving.

Denise said...

I had some beautiful [pink roses on Wednesday. When I got home from the store on Thursday night they had all been eaten by the deer.

Unknown said...

Little Claire Kathleen proves good things happens in the world.

Mevely317 said...

I'm quite intrigued by that pink pith helmet!

Just when I think the 'bad guys' have taken a breather, there comes another sucker punch, rendering us bewildered. But happily, brand new little humans come along, giving the world reason to hope.

TARYTERRE said...

The pink fountain sitter brings joy to her surroundings. Love the flowers too. WELCOME to the world Claire Kathleen. i wish for you a much more open minded place where tolerance about who we are is celebrated and not destroyed by ignorance.

Susie said...

Hi Buttercup, My neighbor lady is in your city today..she will return home tomorrow. I am so envious. LOL> I loved seeing the lady in pink...but I loved even more the older fellow sitting on a bench and reading the newspaper....that's one of the things that I think people of NYC do. ..well one that makes me smile. Blessings, xoxo, Susie