Powered by Blogger.

U Is for Upper West Side

Another semi-selfie with Columbus Avenue in the reflection. 
 
My friend, Pene, and I met up for lunch last week at a local sandwich chain, Lenwich. It is not a place I would chose in my quest for the best coffee in New York City, but it is a convenient place for a sandwich or salad. I've been there before, but never noticed the coffee sign on the door. 
 

In the past I might have ordered a diet coke to enjoy with my salad, but since this month is coffee month for me, I ordered an iced coffee light. Despite the sign on the door, my expectations were relatively low. However, the sign on the door showed a commitment to coffee and I was pleasantly surprised. I had a solid B iced coffee. Lenwich's coffee is not in the running for the best coffee in New York City, but it's a good choice to accompany lunch or if I'm nearby and want a treat.

I've been delighted by being able to share my coffee journey with friends. I've gotten great suggestions and enjoyed great company as I've travelled throughout New York City exploring and drinking coffee. It's been a wonderful way to spend April.

So much coffee and so little time! As ever, thanks for visiting and happy sipping.     

12 comments

From the Kitchen said...

I am always, always on the quest for excellent coffee. When I find it, I want it to be extremely hot and made light with half and half (that has been steamed so as not to cool off the coffee).

Best,
Bonnie

Janet said...

Thanks for giving this California girl a glimpse at the other side of the country.! I've been loving your coffee posts, especially since my husband used to work in a coffee factory. Have a great day!

Pam said...

Your coffee posts are great! There's nothing better than a cup of very hot, black coffee for me! I'm always trying to find the perfect cup. I'm not into iced coffee but just may try it one of these days. Happy sipping to you! :-)

Paula said...

Loved this: "so much coffee, so little time"

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Especially since you did not expect it, it had to be nice to have the pleasant surprise of a B grade coffee.

shortybear said...

nice post

Melinda said...

Sounds like you are having fun in your quest
for The Best coffee.

I finished the challenge today. Come on by.

M : )

TARYTERRE said...

Quite the challenge and you lived up to it. did a wonderful job. If I ever get to New York (a bucket list item) I now know where to go to enjoy something to drink. I assume all these coffee places sell tea too, don't they?

Tina Fariss Barbour said...

I love the adventures and explorations you make! :-)

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Nice you could meet up with a friend for lunch too! Happy Friday !

Anonymous said...

One of the jobs my daughter had before she became a chef, was as a barista, so I have been loving your perspective. I'm glad the coffee for today's post was a solid B for you!

Susie said...

Buttercup, It is so nice to be happily surprised when ordering coffee. Hate getting nasty cup of truck driving coffee with lunch...so I order water now. At work, we could smell the coffee being brewed in the cafeteria (GM in Kokomo)... it was so strong, they had to slice you cup. LOL. I used to tease that truckers pulled off the highway to drink coffee there. LOL. Glad you are getting around the big city and having such fun. Blessings, xoxo, Susie