Powered by Blogger.

Help! I'm Adrift in a Sea of Cellphones


Despite the photograph, this post isn't an ad for Verizon or Samsung...
 
It's a cry for help. I stopped in the Verizon store this afternoon, as I've stopped in at any number of carriers and stores trying to decide on my next cell phone. My LG phone is okay, but it holds a charge for fifteen minutes and I know the battery is coming to the end. It doesn't have a replaceable battery -- I so long for those days! -- and I don't want to be in Peru in two weeks without a working cell phone.  I've looked at phones for the last two months and I'm adrift in a sea of indecision. 
 
Do I stick with an android version, which has served me well, or do I go with an iPhone? Has anyone switched from an android to an iPhone and if so, how has it worked for you. I'm leaning to an iPhone so I can use it in tandem with my iPad, but I'm so accustomed to an android model. I keep going back and forth, but I need to do this soon. I'd like at least a week to get used to my new phone before I go to Peru. All advice will be appreciated. 
 
 It's practically balmy in New York City. The weather feels like April and I'm enjoying walking outside. I'm going to hear one of my favorite authors tonight -- blog post coming on Coffee Light... --
and I'm decluttering a lot, too. Fifteen years worth of greeting cards are on their way to being recycled. There's no need to buy more filing room if I just purge things I don't need/want.
 
As ever, thanks for visiting. Take good care and have a terrific Thursday!
 
 

10 comments

Olde Dame Penniwig said...

Sell those greeting cards in lots for extra cash! Fun for scrappers! I have a Moto X and I love it. Most of all, I love how you can just shake it, and it will awaken and pull up the camera immediately so you can take a pic, even when it's locked. Very handy!I like the size and the weight, and of course it has the usual goodies of a smartphone.

Deanna said...

I have an i-phone 6 and it's nice that my I-phone, my computer, and my Kindle are all in sync. Good luck in choosing. I think you will be happy with whatever you decide. Phones are really good these days, no matter if they are an I-phone or an android.

Paula said...

I've had the same dilemma . I recently upgraded the kids to iPhones and they love them. I still have my old android!

Denise said...

I still don't have a smart phone. I can't figure out why I would need one.

Nadine_Feldman said...

I have an iPhone 4 (yep, an oldie!). I started with an Android, but that particular model was hard to figure out, even for my computer programmer husband! So I went with an iPhone because I also have a Mac and iPad, so it was easy for me to figure out. I'm quite happy with it!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've only ever had an iPhone and I love it. Hope you find one that works for you !

Becky K. said...

I'm an iPhone girl because that is what my hubby is willing to support. We just upgraded my mom's yesterday and I think she is going to be very happy with a better camera, more memory and faster response times. She, too, is going on a trip and will love having these improvements just in time. Hope you get it figured out soon. It is so confusing.

Kelly @ Homespuns 'n Hayfields said...

I've been having the same issue for the last year LOL! Therefore...I still have my Blackberry. I lean towards the Samsung (android) myself as I also have a tablet, so in that case they are compatible. It's a tough choice and I have no advice to give you haha, but good luck!

Anne Payne said...

I have an Android so I am no help! Although, my husband had an iPhone and it was pretty awesome. Took super great pictures. :)

I got your message about winning the book but I lost your email address. Can you email me at duhpaynes[at]gmail[dot]com?

Thanks! And I hope you're having a great weekend so far.

Mimi said...

I switched from Android to iPhone without much difficulty. Why the switch? My daughter was also switching and she is the one I call when I need help so it was easier to match her. I'm up to a 6plus now. It's pretty intuitive. I also use an iPad and it's nice that they are friendly with each other.

But some of my teenage friends have Droids and they love them, so I don't think that is a bad choice at all.