Powered by Blogger.

'Tis the Season Pink Saturday

Rockefeller Center
 
Tonight we officially begin a special time in Buttercupland. It's almost Thanksgiving, Chanukah and Christmas and there will be pictures. I took early photos at Rockefeller Center on Tuesday and I have my first official photography session of the department store windows tomorrow morning. My college roommate and great friend of Buttercupland alerted me that the windows at Bergdorf's and Tiffanys have been installed. We're heading over to Fifth Avenue for shopping, photos and lunch. The weather forecast is cloudy, but in the 50's and I'm excited to see this year's creations. 
 
I've got some of the usual places on my photography list -- Macy's, Rockefeller Center, Radio City and the first Christmas trees in my neighborhood. But I've also added a few new places to my list and I will leave those for a surprise.
 
 
I started my holiday photography this week in my neighborhood and here are a sights I enjoyed.  
 


Pink caught my attention at one of my favorite soap stores. 
  
 
I always enjoy the beautiful dress clothes for children. I may once again do a post with some of my favorite windows on Madison Avenue.
 
This is not an endorsement of the beverage -- though I like it a lot -- but I loved the juxtaposition of colors at my local fruit and vegetable store. 
 
 

I'm a fan of the Peanuts gang and enjoy Snoopy and Lucy in this Thanksgiving window.
 
Soon Pepe will be in his holly-jolly outfit, the snowpeople will be all over my apartment and the streets of New York will be filled with the aroma of evergreens. The days will rush by and I need to remember not to rush with them, but to savor the days and the moments and be grateful for each.
 
I'm joining tonight with my Pink Saturday buddies for blogging fun. As ever thanks for visiting and take good care!  


11 comments

The Cranky said...

The first display, especially, is stunning; love it!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Window shopping takes on a whole new meaning when you have windows like yours. It is always an exciting time of year. I agree we do have to try to enjoy the moments as the come. Busy times mean time seems to go even faster than usual. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday !

Linda said...

Oooooo's and ahhhhhh's....oh Buttercup, please show Macy's and Berdorf windows...pleaseeeeeeeeeeee, pretty pleaseeeeeeeee. Smiles, have a lovely day, snowing here in western NY, friend.

Mevely317 said...

Loving the hot pink and black gift wrap!
Although our days are unseasonably warm, I want to remember what you said about savoring each day's moments.

Nadine_Feldman said...

We looked at the windows at Lord & Taylor yesterday. Spectacular!

BJ PUP said...

Bloomingdale's is dressing their windows as I write. I like looking at the department stores windows, it's just too early. Soon Black Friday will be on Memorial Day.

Deanna Rabe - Creekside Cottage Blog said...

How fun! I'll keep my eyes on Buttercupland for all the photos of the windows and shops!

Deanna

Melinda said...

Such fun!
It's fun to sed what the stores do with
their windows.

M : )

Kerin said...

Hi Carol,
I look so forward to your pictures... especially at this time of year. I share them with my family, and we all love seeing the wonderful window and sights of New York!
So, thank you, thank you!

Have a wonderful Thanksgiving, and you can be sure that I will be anxiously awaiting your beautiful and festive photos.

{{hugs}}
~K.

Susie said...

Buttercup, I wanted to wish you a very happy thanksgiving day. Hope you get to be with loved ones. Bless you, xoxo,Susie

Dee said...

Dear Carol, one of my great-nieces has lived in New York City for a year and a half. She so loves it. She came home --here-- for Thanksgiving on Monday morning and will fly back to NYC on Friday morning. All of her family really know now that she'll probably never come back here to live. I think that's great--that she's branching out and meeting the world. Her photography is going well and she'd done some wonderful shoots. It's a delight to watch the younger generations follow their dreams. It's something for which I am grateful. Being alive to see what she's doing, her sharing her stories, and her having the fortitude to risk and change. Peace.