Powered by Blogger.

It's Not All Cherry Blossoms

 So far I've posted pictures of the most sublime sights, gardens and exquisite temples and lots and lots of cherry blossoms. But a country is more than the sublime. There are things that veer completely in a different direction. So, I give you the wasabi KitKat.

Wasabi is a spicy horseradish type root, very popular in Japan as a condiment. I'm a horseradish fan, but I wasn't ready to buy a package of eight KitKats. But you can be sure the minute I see just one for sale, I'll be trying this delicacy, and I will report back on my experience. 

We've left Kyoto and are staying in Hakone, a town known for its hot springs tonight. I'm looking forward to a visit to the baths in our hotel after dinner. On to Mt. Fuji tomorrow morning and then to Tokyo later in the day.

As ever, thanks for visiting. Take care and have a wonderful Wednesday!



11 comments

TARYTERRE said...

My hubby loves wasabi. Interesting to put it in a KitKat bar. Can not wait to hear how it tastes. Your itinerary sounds delightful.

Denise said...

Please let us know how this tastes. I cannot image it.

Denise said...

OK. I just Googled 'wasabi kit kat' and found a site that discusses 15 different flavors sold in Japan. Get with it Buttercup! And let us know your thoughts. Even I am curious to try some now.

Anonymous said...

Thanks so much for sharing this trip with us.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Although my delicate stomach can no longer handle wasabi, I always have it in the fridge for recipes for my family. I can't wait to hear how the KitKats are.

What a wonderful time you must be having!

Debbie Harris said...

Oh I can't imagine eating such a candy bar, but it could be quite surprising. I look forward to hearing what you think.
How fun it has been to follow you along on your vacation.

Enjoy! Debbie

Tracy said...

I guess if you think about it chili and chocolate go together so maybe wasabi and chocolate? Don't think I'd try it though.

Susie said...

Buttercup, I am not a fan of horseradish...but my husband loves it. So I could see him eating those kit kats. LOL. You are seeing some awesome sights. What a blessing. Take care, xoxo,Susie

~Lavender Dreamer~ said...

Have a fabulous time but watch out for those KitKats! lol Sweet hugs, Diane

Nellie said...

Never heard of wasabi in Kit Kat bars! Should be interesting! Wishes for good travels continue!

Ida said...

Oh my that sounds weird!