Powered by Blogger.

Welcome Home Random Five Friday

It's Friday and time to start the weekend fun with my Random 5 post. It's always a good time and you will meet some of the nicest bloggers anywhere.

1) My welcome home goes to...

 
 

Thanks to eBay and the thoughtful seller who so carefully packed this treasure, my buddy has come home. He has a treasured place on a bookcase shelf and I'm keeping him close at hand. I'm keeping his twin and my goal is to figure out how to turn the figure and base into a snow globe again. YouTube, here I come. I haven't checked yet, but there's got to be a video -- or two dozen -- that can help me.

2) This is my favorite photograph from my day at the Metropolitan Museum yesterday. It's called "View from Oyster Bay," and this is part of a stained glass window by Louis Comfort Tiffany. It's fast becoming one of my favorite works of art at the museum.


  3) The focus of the lecture I attended yesterday was images of water in Japanese art. I was inspired by the fountain in the Sculpture Court to do my own interpretation of rippling water.



 4) We can always use a few images that speak of spring. The first image is Tucker Square, which is across the street from Lincoln Center, on the first relatively balmy day of the year. People are enjoying sitting outside and I am enjoying no snow in the street.



5) The second image is spring flowers at the local fruit and vegetable store. I can't wait until I see the first shoots coming up. I'm keeping watch and you can be assured I will share the pictures. Thank you, Google, for the effect.



It's still not spring -- ten days away -- but I love a week without snow and lots of sunshine. Hope you have equally upbeat weather.

As always, thanks for visiting and have a great weekend!
 

12 comments

Melinda said...

The flowers are so pretty!

M : )

Maggid said...

Buttercup Land . . . always a blessing

TARYTERRE said...

That Tiffany stained glass window is gorgeous. LOVE it.

Brandi said...

I am so jealous that you can go to the Met weekly...art museums are my happy place.

Those flowers are beautiful! I can feel spring coming!

Terra said...

The Tiffany glass window is a masterpiece.

Nellie said...

What a gorgeous stained glass window!

We've had no snow this week, but very little sun. Lots and lots of rain! More due tomorrow before we have a break for two or three days.

You've a lovely blog, Buttercup! The pictures are beautiful!

Mevely317 said...

This photo of the Sculpture Court's fountain is lovely! Imagine it's mesmerizing up close and in person!

Sola Scriptura said...

I'm happy to see that your snow globe arrive safely!
The spring flowers look so lovely, I would be tempted to buy some for myself :)

Linda said...

I love the Tiffany stain glass....love the globe & flowers (raining here in western NY). Thanks for sharing. Blessings

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

For the most part we too had a sunny and warmer week then had rain yesterday that washed a lot of the dirty snow away. Some of the larger piles remain but it is beginning to look like Spring is coming ! Hope you have a wonderful weekend!

Pam said...

The Tiffany stained glass is pretty, but I really like your rippling water. Love paintings like that; you are very talented! Snow is disappearing here also, and it's a beautiful sunny morning! Happy weekend!

Theresa said...

I am happy your got a replacement snow globe:) I know it really made you smile! Love the sights in your city! Colorful stained glass is beautiful! Have a blessed day, HUGS!