Powered by Blogger.

I Wish I Had a Place to Wear This Fabulous Dress Pink Saturday

...Alas, it seems highly unlikely. But the next best thing -- and a lot less expensive -- is taking a picture for Pink Saturday.

This beautiful-in-pink gown caught my eye on Madison Avenue last Sunday.

I had a great walk last Sunday and saw this gorgeous dress in the window at Vera Wang. I'm not in the market for anything this fabulous, but I had to stop and take a picture. I like the American flag in the background and my friend, Mary. 

On Monday I stopped at Talbot's, a lot closer to my budget and lifestyle, and found a few things that might work for my wardrobe. 

I like the pink sweater at the center of the page and all of the bright autumn colors. I think the necklace featured with the orange sweater would be a fun dress up piece for this fall. 

This is the shirt that's been on my mind this week. I've been thinking some happy thoughts, but there's nothing like a shirt to keep me cheerful. I think it would look great with white pants any time of year. 

A P.S. to the white pants post. I've joined a new committee at my synagogue and the first meeting was Thursday night. There were about fourteen woman -- and a few men, not in white pants -- and four of us were wearing white pants. One woman had a white jean skirt. Yes, I was one of the five, walking on the wild side. This has also been the hottest week of the summer and white pants and a turquoise shirt seemed to be just the right outfit.  

I hope everyone is enjoying the weekend and thinking lots of happy thoughts. As ever, thanks for visiting and take good care. 

20 comments

Melinda said...

Really cute things.
Love the "cute thoughts"
shirt.

M : )

Terra said...

I like the Happy Thoughts top; I would be tempted to buy one if I saw one in a store.

Pondside said...

Can't you just imagine sweeping down a fabulous staircase in that pink dress? Glamour!

Grammy Staffy said...

Like you, I wish I had somewhere to wear that lovely pink dress.... but then I would need to lose 30 lbs to fit into it.... and that will probably never happen... but I can dream.
I adore pink and love to wear it. Your Pink posts always make me smile. Hugs, Lura

Sola Scriptura said...

I just adore that shirt that says "Happy thoughts" and in my mind that pink dress would be fabulous for me to wear any day of the week. Of course my mind isn't always very realistic about fashion.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

They say we had our hottest day of the summer this past week too. But this weekend we have cooled down considerably. Hope you have a wonderful Sunday!

Linda said...

Yes, it was the hottest week here in upstate NY too, ugh.So glad this morning it is only 45*. I loveeee everything you posted. Wear white pants, white shorts, capris anytime you like..who cares about the old motto. Smiles

Kerin said...

Wow! What a beautiful dress!

I really like the simple "happy" t-shirts too :)

Susie said...

Buttercup,
That dress is sweet. I like the clothes shopping trip you have taken us on. :) Hope you find the right things to wear and feel good. I like having a couple new things each season. I get tired of the same old things. Blessings, xoxo,Susie

Anonymous said...

That pink dress is really spectacular. Always fun to go along on your walks. Have a wonderful day. Mildred

Anne Payne said...

Gorgeous pink dress!!! I wouldn't have need of it, either :)

Mevely317 said...

Lovely! I'm imagining Mr. Higgins' Eliza Doolittle in this gown. Love the classic lines on the bodice.

The orange sweater is something I'd love to pluck off the shelf ... only, I'd probably pair it with the oversize scarf. Sweet selection!

Have a sweet, sweet day!

Saleslady371 said...

Hi, Carol!

On the good recommendation of Myra, I logged on to your website and truly, I belong here too. I wear white pants and love the color pink. I'm your newest follower. I've heard marvelous things about you and look forward to getting to know you better!

Blessings,
Mary

Linda said...

Hello Carol,
That is the most GORGEOUS pink gown I have ever laid eyes upon. I love the giant rosette on just below the waist.
Wishing you a beautiful day,
Linda at Beautiful Ideas

Linda said...

Hello Carol,
That is the most GORGEOUS pink gown I have ever laid eyes upon. I love the giant rosette on just below the waist.
Wishing you a beautiful day,
Linda at Beautiful Ideas

Theresa said...

Love that pink dress! I need a new FALL wardrobe, $$$:) Enjoy your Sunday evening dear friend! HUGS!

TARYTERRE said...

While labor day has come and gone, summer is till officially in swing according to the calendar. LOVE that orange sweater and I'd get the scarf too.

Dee said...

Dear Carol, that evening gown is lovely. It reminds me somehow of Audrey Hepburn. And why not wear white ever the mood hits you!!!! Peace.

Paula said...

Was so happy to have you visit today and leave me such comfort. That pink dress is stunning, isn't it?

Lauren said...

Greetings Carol. Love your pink gown. It was caught my eyes so promptly that I could not but dig the deep in the details. You represented the entire shopping adventure. That was incredibly adorable. Can it be used as a Ladies Party Dresses?