Powered by Blogger.

Tech Museum Pink Saturday

It seems as though my trip to San Jose and BlogHer14 was a dream, but last week at this time  -- time difference notwithstanding -- I was eating lunch at The Tech Museum of Innovation in downtown San Jose. I'd seen information about it during my research for the trip and decided it would be the perfect way to spend time while I was visiting the center of the Silicon Valley.

  I enjoyed the museum a lot, especially the biotech exhibit, which gave me the opportunity to actually do a hands-on lab project. 

I love museum gift shops and this one didn't disappoint. Besides many interesting science and technology gifts there were pink science-themed stuffed animals. It was tough leaving them there, but I took lots of pictures. They were adorable and perfect for Pink Saturday sharing. 

 Lost my heart to this pink cutie and her sweet blue friend. 

These space princesses caught my eye and my heart!

But I'm especially enamored with monkeys and I was very tempted to bring this pink space explorer home with me. I fought the temptation while I was in San Jose, but there's always on-line shopping. 

I enjoyed my tourist day in San Jose a lot. Besides visiting the museum, I did a little shopping, saw a movie and indulged in great ice cream at Cream. I chose butter pecan, but it wasn't an easy choice. 

Today is a quiet day. I'm catching up on things in the house and planning an outing to Michael's in a little while. I've been out to the fruit market and picked up wonderful Long Island blueberries and New Jersey peaches. Loving the fresh local summer fruit.

I hope everyone else is enjoying this beautiful Sunday -- sunny and not too humid in New York -- too. As always thanks for visiting and take good care. 

10 comments

Susie said...

Buttercup, The front of the museum is so pretty. I but things from museum gift shops too.:) Low humidity that is good. Have a great week, xoxo,Susie

Pondside said...

That must have been a great trip - I've missed so many posts over the past weeks - still have to catch up on your European trip!

Anonymous said...

I love the pink monkey! Peaches and blueberries sound delightful in summer's heat. Have a restful night.

TARYTERRE said...

I have that little brown monkey with the big eyes. All of them were precious, though.

Annesphamily said...

My late Auntie Ang made the sweetest sock monkeys out of men's wool socks! Oh goodness, I wish I had her talent. Our cute lil grand boy has a monkey that looks absolutely frightening to me and he laughs and loves that silly ole monkey! My kids had one that held a banana in his hand and he wore a yellow vest and red bow tie! LOL! Love your sweet post! HPS and enjoy the week! Hugs, Anne

Sola Scriptura said...

I also really like museum gift shops! I'm glad you're enjoying the good weather. I love these long summer days!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Fresh fruit this time of year is like a little bit of heaven and tastes so good. We have been having some delightful days here too. Hope you have a Happy Monday!

Melinda said...

Looks like a great place to visit!
Gift shops are a place where one MUST stop.

I will have a new post up sometime today.

M :)

Dee said...

Dear Carol, I have a young four-year-old friend and her favorite color is pink. So maybe I'll go on line also to the museum's gift store and see if there's something I can afford for Christmas for her. Thanks for showing those stuffed animal photographs.

Butter pecan is my favorite ice cream. I like Breyers, but I bet yours was even better. Peace.

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Such restraint ~ you saw some adorable stuffed animals :) Looks like a great place to visit and I enjoyed getting a peek through your post!