Powered by Blogger.

Happy It's Random 5 Friday

Happy that it's Random 5 Friday, one of my favorite times of the week. I've started to make notes during the week to capture my randomness and it's a lot of fun. With no further ado...


1) One of my favorite pastimes during the week is going out for a cup of coffee. I don't generally go anywhere very fancy, but I really enjoy having a cup of coffee in the middle of the day and knowing there's nowhere I have to be. This was at my local coffee shop and I liked the circles and lines in the picture.

2) I must be really behind the times, but I just learned this week that there's a new hundred dollar bill. I don't usually see currency that's larger than a twenty, but I'm not sure how I missed this in the news. Am I the last person in America to know this?

3) I'm still working on the Sue Grafton book, and it's going more slowly than I anticipated. I did take a break and read "Shovel Ready," a dark, dark dystopian book about New York City. I liked it, but with the caveat that bad dreams might follow. It's not my usual, but I read the review and it sounded interesting. It may be awhile before I go into the dystopian universe again.

4) Aunt Buttercup is still at the Puppy Bowl. She has lots of opinions, but right now she's enjoying the puppies.

5) Question of the week...Downton Abbey or the Big Game? I don't generally record television, but this may be the week to record "Downton Abbey" for later viewing.

We just covered the gamut from coffee to currency to dystopia to puppies. I think I lived up to the concept of being very random, and I hope you enjoyed our random journey.

As ever, thanks for visiting and take very good care!  

18 comments

Nellie said...

Well, I didn't know there was a new hundred dollar bill! Like you, the largest value I generally see is a twenty.

A difficult decision - Super Bowl or Downton Abbey? I think we will be found watching Peyton, at least for part of the evening.

Anonymous said...

I did not know about the new hundred dollar bill.

I guess I'll be watching the game with John.

I had a delicious cup of coffee with dessert yesterday at the restaurant - that was a real treat for me!

Stephanie said...

The new $100.00 is certainly interesting :) Going out for coffee is always a good idea! Enjoyed your post, sweet Carol - have a great weekend. Hugs!

TARYTERRE said...

The new hundred is news to me. Interesting, indeed.

Starting Over, Accepting Changes - Maybe said...

Did they make the $100 bill worth more?

Along with you, I will be watching Downton Abby on Monday. The 20 something people that are coming over to my house for a Super Bowl party would get annoyed if I switched channels in the fourth quarter. However, I would rather find out about what is going on with Mary than Peyton.

Linda said...

Our money is starting to look like foriegn money. The guys Super bowl, me Downton. Have a great weekend.

Theresa said...

Enjoy your weekend dear friend, still a little snow on the ground here but warming up:) HUGS!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Very random indeed. I will be watching Downton Abby here. The game can go on without me in attendance. It is getting to be quite a thriller and keeps me returning to watch every week. Hope you have a great weekend!

Elizabeth Edwards said...

sport fans may dislike me saying this but i say "Downton Abbey" of course ... i can't wait. we need some happiness on that show. but i am afraid of where it might go next? i like the commercials but that is about it. maybe the "half time" show??! ( :

Grammy Staffy said...

I knew about the new $100 dollar bill but I don't have any...would any one care to donate some???

Sola Scriptura said...

What a fun list of randomness :)

Sharon said...

Just got "W" from the library yesterday and started it last night. Seems the closer she gets to "Z," the longer they become! I've enjoyed them all, but think I would've liked them more if she'd kept Kinsey current. They sometimes feels so outdated with her still using index cards to make notes on.

Susie said...

I miss my favorite coffee shop. I used to meet my best friend there everyday when we first retired. The man who owned the shop passed away and So did my best friend . I miss them both, especially my dear friend from school days. Blessings to you Buttercup. xoxo,Susie

Mevely317 said...

Delightfully random!
I long for the day I might indulge in a cuppa w/o feeling distracted.

I'm saving Grafton's "W" for next month's vacation. I so hope it doesn't disappoint!

...speaking of disappointing -- I don't much care which team wins tomorrow, but I hope it's not a slam-bam, lopsided affair. What an exciting week you've been privileged to witness!

Hugs,
Myra

Ida said...

A good set of randoms.
Now I've got to find out what Dystopian is, sounds pretty weird.
I'll be watching the game, have never gotten into Downtown Abbey.
The puppy bowl sounds fun and I understand they are doing a kitten bowl this year as well.

Nancy said...

I just love those big, clunky diner coffee cups!

Lynda said...

I like the circles and lines in your first picture, too. No dilemma on the TV for me tonight since I don't care a thing about football. However, I can't watch Downton Abbey either since I just now watched the first season. Seasons 2 & 3 should arrive in the mail on Monday.

Sarah Huizenga said...

Hope you went with Downton, it was the better choice.