Sunday, September 29, 2013

Semi-Tourist Pink Saturday


Most of the time I'm feeling like a tourist in New York City. Actually I feel like a semi-tourist, because I know the transportation  system, understand the currency and generally know we're I'm going. I'm also probably more relaxed than most tourists because I'm not trying to see a dozen attractions every day and if a bus appears too crowded I just wait for the next one. It's a whole new universe for me.

I was at a friend's retirement party on Friday and the question I was most asked was about my travels. I mentioned Florida and Chicago, but on reflection I should have said that I was on vacation in New York City. I'm doing a lot more want-tos than have-tos and I'm a lot more punctual than I've been for the last thirty years. My library books will be returned tomorrow and I spent the afternoon picking up snacks for book club tomorrow night. I'm checking things off my to-do list every day. I'm not so much stopping to smell the roses -- there aren't very many roses in the neighborhood -- but I'm stopping to see the roses or mums or pink t-shirts in all their lurid glory.

I'm joining up with my friends at Pink Saturday for some pink weekend fun. We've been blessed with another beautiful autumn day. There's just a slight nip in the air -- my capris will be retired very shortly -- and it's dry and clear.  I hope you've had a great day, too. As always so happy you stopped by to visit and take good care of yourself.

11 comments:

Mary said...

Wow! Those are some pretty bright tee shirts. Nothing low key about those, but i kind of like them. (Though it's no longer tee-shirt time of year.) :) You take good care too!

TARYTERRE said...

You are so lucky to have a book club nearby. None here to speak of.

Marie said...

There is nothing like staying where you are for a "Staycation" to help you appreciate it more. Loving the t-shirts! xxoo

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've retired my capris but there have been a few days I still had them out. The mornings and evenings are cool but the afternoons warm. I'm glad you are enjoying your days. After 3 years I'm still thankful for my retirement.

Theresa said...

There are lots of things in my City that I enjoy too! Happy Monday in NYC! HUGS!

Nellie said...

I love seeing New York through your eyes, Buttercup! I have never been myself.

BJ PUP said...

Keep the capris out. It's going to in the 80's later this week.

Stephanie said...

I love the pinks, Carol :) Have a great day! Hugs to you.

Dee said...

Dear Carol, a Pink Saturday sounds inviting, but a Purple One would for sure have me at the table ready for good conversation and delicious food!

I'm glad you're getting through your "want" list. I always find when I do so that I find new things to want from having visited a place that was on the list. Peace.

Deanna said...

When I come to NY will you be my tour guide...you know so many great places that most people miss when visiting. Stay well, stay busy!!

Susie said...

Buttercup, I like the sweatshirts...gray is good and basic:):) I think you would look cute in a pink one with some pink lipstick . Blessings, xoxo,Susie