Powered by Blogger.

Semi-Tourist Pink Saturday


Most of the time I'm feeling like a tourist in New York City. Actually I feel like a semi-tourist, because I know the transportation  system, understand the currency and generally know we're I'm going. I'm also probably more relaxed than most tourists because I'm not trying to see a dozen attractions every day and if a bus appears too crowded I just wait for the next one. It's a whole new universe for me.

I was at a friend's retirement party on Friday and the question I was most asked was about my travels. I mentioned Florida and Chicago, but on reflection I should have said that I was on vacation in New York City. I'm doing a lot more want-tos than have-tos and I'm a lot more punctual than I've been for the last thirty years. My library books will be returned tomorrow and I spent the afternoon picking up snacks for book club tomorrow night. I'm checking things off my to-do list every day. I'm not so much stopping to smell the roses -- there aren't very many roses in the neighborhood -- but I'm stopping to see the roses or mums or pink t-shirts in all their lurid glory.

I'm joining up with my friends at Pink Saturday for some pink weekend fun. We've been blessed with another beautiful autumn day. There's just a slight nip in the air -- my capris will be retired very shortly -- and it's dry and clear.  I hope you've had a great day, too. As always so happy you stopped by to visit and take good care of yourself.

11 comments

Mary said...

Wow! Those are some pretty bright tee shirts. Nothing low key about those, but i kind of like them. (Though it's no longer tee-shirt time of year.) :) You take good care too!

TARYTERRE said...

You are so lucky to have a book club nearby. None here to speak of.

Marie Rayner said...

There is nothing like staying where you are for a "Staycation" to help you appreciate it more. Loving the t-shirts! xxoo

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I've retired my capris but there have been a few days I still had them out. The mornings and evenings are cool but the afternoons warm. I'm glad you are enjoying your days. After 3 years I'm still thankful for my retirement.

Theresa said...

There are lots of things in my City that I enjoy too! Happy Monday in NYC! HUGS!

Nellie said...

I love seeing New York through your eyes, Buttercup! I have never been myself.

BJ PUP said...

Keep the capris out. It's going to in the 80's later this week.

Stephanie said...

I love the pinks, Carol :) Have a great day! Hugs to you.

Dee said...

Dear Carol, a Pink Saturday sounds inviting, but a Purple One would for sure have me at the table ready for good conversation and delicious food!

I'm glad you're getting through your "want" list. I always find when I do so that I find new things to want from having visited a place that was on the list. Peace.

Deanna said...

When I come to NY will you be my tour guide...you know so many great places that most people miss when visiting. Stay well, stay busy!!

Susie said...

Buttercup, I like the sweatshirts...gray is good and basic:):) I think you would look cute in a pink one with some pink lipstick . Blessings, xoxo,Susie