Powered by Blogger.

Capturing December

As we know I haven't been around much this week. I had the usual good intentions, but a twelve hour day at work on Tuesday and two evening visits to Michaels completely tired me out. And yes, I missed you all! But I had a good night's sleep and a fun, fun day today and I am ready and eager to share December. I saw this great photo challenge on my blog buddy Kristen's blog and since I had a wonderful picture for the first day I am joining...
I'm not sure if I'll make it every day, but I am right on time for today. 

My view today was one of my favorite sights in the world. I had the pleasure of going to Staten Island today for sweet Amanda's baby shower. Amanda is the daughter of one of my colleague friends and it was great to celebrate with her and her family today. I've got some fun pictures, but I'm saving them for another post. Today I'm celebrating another favorite lady, our beloved Lady Liberty. 

I take the same picture every time I take the ferry to Staten Island, and each time it gives me a thrill. I was standing on the deck between visitors from France and Germany who also photographed this beautiful Lady.  

Tomorrow is a quieter day with a haircut and errands planned. I am going to savor calm and enjoy the New York Times and a cup -- or two -- of coffee in the morning. Hope your day has lots to savor, too. 

Wishes for warm and cozy! 

10 comments

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

Your photo is great and seeing the Statue of Liberty always gives me a thrill as well!

Ms Sparrow said...

It's nice to see the great lady with the lamp standing there.

~Kristen~ said...

Thanks for the "shout out" Carol! Love this picture, I have only visited this great lady once and was happy she survived the horror of Sandy last month. Stop by again soon to see what other fun things I have planned for this month's photo challenge.

Nellie said...

I love that picture, Buttercup! I will look forward to your December posts.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I do hope your work slows down a bit and that you can capture December. What a wonderful month it is to put into pictures! 12 hour days are hard to take. Glad you have a Sunday with some of that great R and R ahead of you!

Mevely317 said...

I recall getting such a LUMP in my throat when I saw Lady Liberty in person.
I can't come up with the right word, but what an exquisite feeling you must have experienced, standing 'tween those tourists, today, on your way to a Good Time!
Aren't we so very blessed?

Theresa said...

I haven't been there in years but have been longing for a visit:) Have a blessed day my friend, HUGS!

Life and Breath and Everything Else said...

I love the picture!! What an awesome ferry ride to get a view like that! I'm savoring a cup of coffee as I read your blog. Have a wonderful day :)

Susie said...

Buttercup, When I saw the statue of liberty for the first time, i cried. Our mother raised us strick, we rarely got to leave the yard at times...so I always had a great wanderlust. I wanted to go and see everything life had to offer. I will be returning to NYC in a year or two. Enjoy your free time and rest. Smiles, xo, Susie

Amrita said...

have a good weekend Carol