Powered by Blogger.

Pinterest Pumpkinfest 2012



I had hoped to go with a savory pumpkin recipe for my second pumpkin post and I'd hoped to post yesterday. Instead I am going with just about the biggest, yummiest pumpkin sweet I can find in an effort to deflect my desire to buy and eat a package of pumpkin cheesecake cookies. The bag of cookies looks so good and as, the level of stress is running very high right now in Buttercupland, I am posting a big cupcake to assuage my craving. Here's hoping this little ruse works.

My apologies for a delay in posting, but as Hurricane Sandy comes up the east coast my agency goes into high alert mode. We join all-agency conference calls, I write press releases, I field lots of emails and phone calls and I somehow try to squeeze in lunch. My big excursion of today was a trip to the snack store on the first floor of our building for a diet Snapple. I understand that the governor has declared a state of emergency in New York State, but I am making every effort not to declare a state of emergency in Buttercupland. I stopped in at the grocery tonight and the shelves were still full. The only item that appeared to be running low was ice cream sandwiches, of all things. I am stocked up, including foods to bring to the office over the weekend. Yes, it's going to be one of those weekends. I'm fervently praying that Sandy decides to go out to sea and makes her mind up to do so quickly.  

Tomorrow is a quick run to the cleaner to pick up my jacket and then to work. My treat for tomorrow is do some blog visiting. I know the thought of that will help get me through the day. You may see some quick updates via my phone in the next few days.

Wishes for all for a calm and peaceful weekend! 

8 comments

Denise said...

Let's hope for the best in this storm. The rain is out of here and headed your way. Your previous pumpkin post inspired me to make pumpkin cupcakes this evening with cream cheese frosting. Yum.

Maggid said...

Did your ruse work?
I wouldn't have been able to resist.

I haven't had it in a long while, but I really like pumpkin soup. Have you ever had a good cup or bowl of Pumpkin Soup???

I'll be watching the news when I can - Trusting you will be "A-Okay"

Glad you are here . . .
-g-

The Cranky said...

Thinking of you, and everyone out there, and sending you warm hugs. Be, and stay, well.

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

You all are in my prayers and thoughts as that Frankenstorm heads your way. Our weatherman says even we will feel the effects with rain and wind.

Mevely317 said...

I, too, have been thinking of you ... imagining your obligations in light of the approaching storm.
Let's all join in a (mental)huffin' and puffin' crazy Sandi out to sea!

Anonymous said...

I am praying for all of you in the path of the storm. Keep us posted as you are able. Mildred

Lynda said...

Bless your heart. You decide to postpone retirement and will possibly get slammed with a hurricane. Seems ironic that you had to go from thinking about a life of leisure to being almost over-worked. Oh well - - - it's how life goes and if you stay safe and help others that way, too, it's all good - - right?!!! Keep us updated when you can.

Melinda said...

Here's hoping that Sandy does go out into the ocean.

You are in my thoughts and prayers.

Will be watching the news for updates.

Good Luck!!

M :)