Powered by Blogger.

Pinterest Strawberryfest




I was just about to do a lemon post and realized -- with great surprise -- that May, lemon month, is over and it's June. May slipped away in a daze of medical appointments, but despite everything that is scheduled to happen this month, I am going to savor June.

One of the great treats of June is big, red juicy strawberries, and that's the feature for Pinterest Fridays. I'm starting off very simply with a tribute to the perfect strawberry that is delicious without any adornment. There will be some fancy desserts to come -- I love strawberry shortcake! -- but this is a toast to the strawberry, perfect just the way it's grown.

Wishes for a sweet, sweet weekend. I get to see my beautiful Goddaughter and that's a very sweet weekend for me.  

11 comments

Chatty Crone said...

Those strawberries look so pretty and I am so hungry. sandie

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

I love strawberries! Hope you enjoy your weekend!

Anonymous said...

I am so hungry for strawberries. Enjoy your visit this weekend very much!

Simple Home said...

The strawberries in my garden have been especially sweet this year. I love the photo! I'll be praying for you and your surgery.
Blessings,
Marcia

Mimi said...

HI!!!
HAVE A GREAT weekend with your God daughter!!That will be fun I am sure!!!I look forward to reading all about it!!I had strawberry shortcake today with the Grands!!!They love it with LOTS of REAL whip cream...I love the strawberries the most!!!
So good!!!
Yours look beautiful!!!
Enjoy your weekend
hugs,
jamie

Genskie said...

gorgeously yummy :)... i personally love dipping them in condense milk..:)

Ms Sparrow said...

Once I was at the grocery store with my daughter and 4-year-old granddaughter. We were in the produce section and discovered little Samantha standing next to the strawberry display stuffing berries in her mouth as fast as she could. We have called her The Strawberry Kid ever since!
She's now in her 20's and still adores strawberries.

Susie said...

Buttercup, I used to pick wild strawberries ...they would be on the railroad property. Now you can't do that and the railroad sprays poisons to kill weeds. But as a kid I could never get my fill. last year we grew strawberries, and my dr.told me not to eat tiny seeds of any kind. Blast!! So now I can only have strawberry flavorings.So sad for me. Smiles, Susie

TARYTERRE said...

Got me craving some shortcake too. LOVE strawberries. Hope you had a wonderful visit with your goddaughter.

Nellie said...

Strawberries around here are gone until next season. I think we would declare May as Strawberry Month.:)
Lemon is good anytime!:)

Catherine said...

Dear Buttercup! Where did May go! It did indeed slip away so quickly.
I love strawberries. Thank you for informing me that June is strawberry month. I will get on it! Ciao and blessings, Catherine