Powered by Blogger.

Called On Account of Rain...But Still Lots of Sunshine!

I had so hoped to post a picture of a big, big check-off on my living list, but alas the event was called on account of rain. About an hour before as I sat in the car and watched buckets of rain pour down I knew it was unlikely we would get to to our planned event. I spent a nice evening with friends, ate pizza, chatted and watched a movie. We may get to reschedule and I will delightedly post the picture for your viewing pleasure.

The next morning was lovely and in an effort to achieve the top goal on my living list -- becoming trimmer and fitter -- I started the day at the physical therapy/exercise facility I've been going to. In some ways that's the most important item on my living list and it felt great to begin the day with exercise. It kept my eating very focused for the rest of the day and I felt so good doing something so good for me.

The evening was pure fun! I met friends for a drink at The Campbell Apartment. Former offices of a early 20th century business tycoon it is a posh place for a drink. It is very crowded during the week, but perfect on a Saturday night in the summer.

 We exited these doors at Grand Central Station...

To go up these stairs...

To slip into the world of Jay Gatsby.

This picture is not the Campbell Apartment, but a cubicle in Queens transformed into a wonderful birthday setting. My colleague Donna baked her delicious lemon bars and the cake stand is waiting for a red velvet cake from a terrific bakery in Brooklyn. A million calories and worth every one of them! My colleagues at work could not have been sweeter or more thoughtful.

Thanks, too, for the wonderful posts and good wishes. I will be around to visit my blog friends and say thank you for birthday thoughtfulness and your friendship. Wishing you lots of sunshine!

10 comments

Lynda said...

Many of my friends love lemon bars but red velvet cake - - - - oh - - TOO YUMMY!!!!!Just thinking of it makes my mouth water and adds calories to my hips.

k and c's mom said...

PERFECT!

Country Wings in Phoenix said...

Oh Buttercup Sweetie...
What a beautiful share. I am so thrilled that you had such a lovely birthday celebration, and that you got to go somewhere fun.

Love the photos you shared. Look at all those windows. WOW... Sounds like you had a wonderful celebration sweetie.

Hope you have a great week. Many hugs and SO much love from Phoenix, Sherry

Chatty Crone said...

Happy birthday again and I love Red Velvet Cake AND lemon bars.

Bearly Sane said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bearly Sane said...

Sorry I missed your birthday Buttercup, sounds like you had loads of fun...still better late than never...HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!

Thank you for stopping by today, it's always nice when friends come to visit. I like relaxing on Sundays too...after we replaced the rugs...we sat by the fire and ate a lovely roast dinner while we finished watching Berkeley Square.

Our day for the theatre is usually a Tuesday.

BTW I have been to Bali (long time ago now)...and would love a month in Italy (Under the Tuscan Sun) but will have to be happy with Italian food instead!! LOL!!

Enjoy your week Buttercup!
Warmest hugs,
Sandi

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Happy birthday! What sweet fellow employees you work with!


PS: next time you visit Carroll Gardens ask your friends to walk along Smith Street and you'll be amazed by all the French bistros that are there now. I just this lousy economy doesn't hurt their business!

Patsy said...

Thanks for coming by for a visit.

Lorraine said...

Happy (belated) birthday Buttercup!
Lemon bars sound yummy! I always wondered, "What's the big thing about red velvet cake?" When I found out it's just cake with tons of red food coloring in it, I was disappointed. But hey. It's cake. And I like cake! :)

Melinda said...

Looks like a fun time. Sounds like you have great friends and coworkers.
Lovely setup with RED VELVET CAKE and LEMON BARS. Two of my favs.

Have a great Monday.

Melinda