Powered by Blogger.

Call Me Tourist...







 ...in Lower Manhattan

I just spent two terrific tourist days in New York City. My high school friends Lonni and Sue and Sue's daughter, Shelly, came in for a quick, but terrific visit. Sue now lives in Florida, Shelly is in Philadelphia and Lonni still lives in Connecticut, not very far from where we all grew up. We had representation from the entire East coast. 

Lonni and Sue's hotel was downtown, right by the site of the World Trade Center. We got to see the construction going on and explored all of downtown. We shopped, ate on cute Stone St. -- it was dark and I didn't get pictures -- and saw a sculpture exhibition in City Hall Park. But more than any other activity we talked and laughed and caught up on all the activities in our lives. 

I've spent the last two days catching up at work. Over a hundred emails greeted me and a few minor crises were waiting, too. I've caught up and now my only goal is staying inside as much as I can.  It went from perfect sunny weather to what we would normally expect in the middle of July -- hot!

I've got a great blog surprise on Saturday. I am so excited and heat or cool, I've got a date at 8:00 a.m. on Saturday morning with one of my favorite bloggers!

6 comments

Barbara F. said...

I can't wait to hear about your blog surprise! xo,

Mevely317 said...

Aren't old friends the best?!
I, too, can't wait for your surprise!

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

A fun time spent with friends touring about :) What could be better!

I'm mostly known as 'MA' said...

Any time spent with friends is a blessing. Glad you are able to have so many opportunities to do so. I hope your Thursday is a wonderful one!

Lynda said...

It sounds like it has been a great week - - - and that heat - - we know it well in TN, too. I agree with you that it got hot FAST!

Pat @ Mille Fiori Favoriti said...

Isn't Trade Center # 1 going up fast? I see it quite a bit as my husband works in Lower Manhattan.